Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is it my phone or ? - terrible reception!

My phone has terrible reception and other people I know with koodo/telus phones are fine. Could it be the sim card or is it the phone? The signal strength is -107 dBm 8 asu. I have no idea what this means.

3 replies

Badge +4
Hi Lisa, The signal strength numbers you mention point to the phone having poor signal reception. You may be situated in a fringe area where coverage is spotty. Knowing your approximate location is key and may help determine if it's a possible coverage issue affecting your area. You may want to call *611 from your phone to check or from a landline phone: 1-866-995-6636 Other factors to consider are whether the signal gets stronger if for example you take a walk outside, or if the signal gets weaker indoors. The make/model number of your phone would also be helpful. It wouldn't hurt to power off your phone, remove the SIM card for a minute or two, reinstall and then power on the phone again. Sometimes that helps.
I tried the power off suggestion and that didn't help. The phone is a Huawei Y330. The signal does get stronger at times and in different places. But then I can be with other Koodo users and have no service while they are fine. I had been told by Koodo that they would send me a new phone, but it has never arrived. I will try to call them again.
Badge +4
Lisa Reynolds wrote:

I tried the power off suggestion and that didn't help. The phone is a Huawei Y330. The signal d...

I see that you posted a similar issue a month ago. Since the phone is now beyond the 15 day return deadline, your next option is to visit a Koodo shop with your phone and proof of purchase. If your phone is sent out for repairs, you have the option of using a loaner phone until you get yours back. If you can't make it to a Koodo Shop (because you're too far away from one), call them at *611 from your Koodo phone or toll free at 1-866-995-6636 and request a Return Mailer. [b]Return Mailer - Koodo will send you a pre-paid Return Mailer so that you can send back your phone. Upon return and inspection of your phone Koodo will send you a replacement device, provided the warranty has not been voided. (Warranty details, click link below). Warranty details: http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/what-is-your-warranty-and-repair-policy