Koodo Community

Community

Solved

In US and have Roaming packs but iPhone 3S won't recognize carrier in US

Have driven from NY to Florida and did not get a network connection. Do I have to do something with APN settings? What should they be?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The 3Gs is such an old phone that I don't know if these instructions are accurate or not:
1) you need a prepaid roaming package to access the US network.
2) a number of folks have found you need to manually select AT&T in Settings > Carrier (turn off automatic & select AT&T from the list which populates).

Thanks for the quick reply. I have purchased call and text roaming packages before I left Canada. I know there is an AT&T signal here but nothing shows up when I turn off the Automatic setting under Carrier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JimLaidley wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I have purchased call and text roaming packages before I left Canada...

Pull the SIM and re-boot the phone to reset your connection. APN settings only affect data... you should be able to talk and text even if the APN is wrong or missing.
JimLaidley wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I have purchased call and text roaming packages before I left Canada...

Thanks for letting me know. I gave up and got another provider/sim. It works without a problem (and uses the AT&T network same as Koodo). So it must be a Koodo similar issue.