Koodo Community
Solved

I used to be able to send pictures, but now that I changed to a plan with data, I can't now.

• 6 October 2019
  • 8 replies

Before I switched to a better plan, I had unlimited text and picture messaging. Eventually added calling and the next month 2gb of data. I only bought the data to use when I am out and need to look at bus schedules. I had no problem sending and receiving photos until I added data to my plan. I've read that I need to keep my data on to send pictures and it doesnt change anything. Before I even had data, I didn't need to turn it on to send photos. My plan is unlimited text and picture messaging, unlimited calling, and 2gb of data. I shouldn't need to use my data to send photos right? I have an s8 with a prepaid plan if that helps at all.
icon

Best answer by Jdizzle20114 6 October 2019, 18:30

Other stuff will use your data in the background. Not much you can do about that.
If you turn your data on while connected to wifi then itll be able to send the sms without using data.

As well, your phone will show data has been used for MMS but koodo wont charge you for it in your usage if you look at it through self serve.
The same way as how they dont charge you for data used while on koodo.com/chat for example

I just checked my self serve and it said I used 5mb of data when my phone says I used 9mb. Weird, but thank you! Is there a way for my phone not to show when uncharged data is being used because I have a limit set on my phone so it doesn't go over.
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it's sending by MMS then no it won't use the data you have now but I guess because you have data as part of your plan it wants it on. You'll be fine. It won't count against your data.
Im just more afraid of other apps using up data in the background. I have turned it on and it still doesn't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can set updates to be over WiFi only. If you have Facebook or Instagram you can have them set to download videos manually only and such to minimize data usage.

You may have to reset your APN settings. Here is the info for that:
https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone
Im just more afraid of other apps using up data in the background. I have turned it on and it still doesn't work.
I just tried again and it worked, but it used up some of my data. I'm very confused. I know it shouldn't need data to send.
You can set updates to be over WiFi only. If you have Facebook or Instagram you can have them set to download videos manually only and such to minimize data usage.

You may have to reset your APN settings. Here is the info for that:
https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

It didn't work, but thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Other stuff will use your data in the background. Not much you can do about that.
If you turn your data on while connected to wifi then itll be able to send the sms without using data.

As well, your phone will show data has been used for MMS but koodo wont charge you for it in your usage if you look at it through self serve.
The same way as how they dont charge you for data used while on koodo.com/chat for example

I just checked my self serve and it said I used 5mb of data when my phone says I used 9mb. Weird, but thank you! Is there a way for my phone not to show when uncharged data is being used because I have a limit set on my phone so it doesn't go over.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, it doesn't exsit.