Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I need a phone plan that I only have to pay when my balance is low.

hi, i worked in china for 5 years. i just payed when i want for my cell, when no money in my cell, pay more. i didnt know here in quebec its per month... i just need a cell with the less fees...

5 replies

Userlevel 5
You have a choice between a monthly plan in which case you choose the plan that is right for you, or you can get a prepaid account which involves a base plan and boosters for what you want. Check out both Koodo prepaid and postpaid (thats when you get a bill once a month), to determine what is best for you. Things like how many minutes you want per month, texting, data, etc....
Userlevel 5
Dave wrote:

You have a choice between a monthly plan in which case you choose the plan that is right for you,...

Definitely recommend Koodo Prepaid since it seems to fit more of your needs.
Userlevel 4
Dave wrote:

You have a choice between a monthly plan in which case you choose the plan that is right for you,...

Here I have the website for Koodos prepaid plans and add-ons, definitely check it out! http://koodomobile.com/en/on/plansandboosters.shtml
Userlevel 6
Even Koodo Prepaid requires a monthly base plan payment. If your usage is very low, you may want to look into other prepaid providers like Petro-Canada or 7-Eleven SpeakOut (there are no 7-Eleven stores in Quebec so this may not work for you). Both of these use the Rogers network and offer 365-day expiry on airtime purchases ($25 minimum top-up at 7-Eleven, and $100 at Petro-Canada). Rogers currently has prepaid plans for $100 including either unlimited text or unlimited evening/weekend calling. Both of these also include 100 local anytime minutes per year. PC Telecom (Loblaws) offers similar prepaid service using the Bell network - $100 top-up is also valid for 365 days.
Userlevel 5
Perhaps better off map your usage a bit and go with a postpaid plan...typically postpaid plan would be cheaper for any light moderate user if you are on the right plan for your own needs...