Koodo Community
Solved

I'm trying to pay with my master card but it's being declined, I already talked to my card operator and they said that they are not refusing

I'm trying to pay with my master card but it's being declined, I already talked to my card operator and they said that everything is correct with the card that they are not refusing.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The billing address of the card is supposed to match the one on your account. Does it?
Goran wrote:

The billing address of the card is supposed to match the one on your account. Does it?

My card address is different from my account, I think so that the problem
Goran wrote:

I put my billing address the same my account and it keeps going wrong
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Your account address needs to be changed to match what the bank has for your credit card account, not the other way around. You should becablevto update your address in self- serve.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is it an actual Mastercard or a Mastercard debit? I don't believe Koodo accepts Mastercard debit so if it is a debit Mastercard that could be why.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Is it an actual Mastercard or a Mastercard debit? I don't believe Koodo accepts Mastercard debit ...

It is credit card Mastercard
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Is it an actual Mastercard or a Mastercard debit? I don't believe Koodo accepts Mastercard debit ...

@Marcelo Can't find anyone under the name you are using here as the primary account holder of an account as a customer of ours. That could be the source of the problem as well. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
"Transaction denied by card issuer" simply means the information you provided through the ( in this case Koodo) website does not match what the card issuer has on file. Depending on the situation, it could be differences in name, address, card number, expiry date, CVV code. So, as far as the card issuer is concerned, there is no problem with your card; the problem is the info in the two different places does not match.
Userlevel 6
Just an FYI, Koodo only allows you to overpay the bill by a max of 20%, else the payment will be rejected. This is likely irrelevant to OP's concern, but just wanted to mention it for other forum users since we're on the topic.