Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have unlimited local calls after 5 pm...does a 1-800 number count as a local number?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
I don't think you can even call 1-800 numbers on prepaid; someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

I don't think you can even call 1-800 numbers on prepaid; someone correct me if I'm wrong.

hmm... interesting... I can't test it as I have boosters (thus, the call WILL go through) and no unlimited local plan, but yeah, I wonder too....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

You are correct Johnathan 1-800 numbers can not be called on prepaid accounts from any carrier, or at least all the ones I've tried in the past.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Sure about that? Let me try 😃
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Oh snap, here's the test
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Well, calling Service Canada works! 1 800-622-6232 Of course, office's closed and I got the automated system, but call went thru (mind you, I have boosters and no unlimited plan).
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

That's not the issue, David. The 1-800 number does count as a local call but Jonathan was stating 1800 calls may not even work. asevereid, yes it does.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

I know Ahmad. I never called a 800 number from my prepaid line before, so I wanted to test it out, and I did. And it worked, so 1-800 from prepaid works!
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Now maybe I should call 1-976...... hmmm
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

LMFAO!!!! I totally did not word that the way I wanted to. Sorry David, I know you know what's going on 😛
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

lol, no biggie! 🙂