Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have been charged for incoming calls even tough i was said that incoming is free at the time of connection . What should i do i

I have been charged for incoming calls but at the time of connection they said me it is free unlimited incoming calls but now they have charged and in contract they said that calls between 5 pm to 7 am unlimited but it was again charged i cannot understand what is going on with my bill? This month my bill is heart attacking ?

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you on prepaid or postpaid? It sounds like you're on postpaid but you chose prepaid as one of your topics. Both incoming and outgoing calls use minutes. Incoming calls don't receive long distance charges where outgoing do.
Sorry i have  postpaid plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you believe you have been charged wrongly, and you are on your plan as last month, then I suggest you call Koodo or send message on facebook. Only Koodo agents could fix the billing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Chashanpreet, back in 2016 when you signed up for your current plan this is what to told you it included 500 anytime minutes plus the following:

Unlimited incoming calls are not included. If you download your bill (the pdf version), you will see that no calls were charged evenings and weekend during the included time periods. You also have overseas calls on this bill which certainly pushed it higher. The additional l charges are for going way, way over the 500 minutes included in your plan.Hope this helps explain things. 

but the person who was there at the time of signing he said that incoming are free and unlimited so that means they were cheating or can say they were lying and koodo are supporting them or u are the main heads.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chashanpreet kaur wrote:

but the person who was there at the time of signing he said that incoming are free and unlimited ...

What I posted above is your agreement you signed at the store Chashanpreet. If you still have it you could take a look. Also, a lot of the calls you have on your bill are not incoming at all. Have you had a chance to take a look? 
chashanpreet kaur wrote:

but the person who was there at the time of signing he said that incoming are free and unlimited ...

i have looked at the agreement and bill but what that person said before i could signed my agreement was that false information given to me ?? i completely agree with you that all calls are not incoming calls for which i have been charged but its not fair that one time your sales person says that all incoming at any time is free and now you are showing me the agreement its really not fair
chashanpreet kaur wrote:

as you said that it was not mention in the agreement that there are unlimited incoming similarly it was not mention that there will be charges as it was not mention there i myself ask that agent that is incoming is free or there will be charge for it he said that Incoming is free So i am sticking to that point

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chashanpreet kaur wrote:

Not sure if I follow Chashanpreet....it doesn't say on the agreement explicitly that overseas calls are excluded yet you are aware of those charges. I'm really not sure what else can I offer up for clarity on your plan.  
chashanpreet kaur wrote:

y i am charged for incoming calls? i m ready to pay for overminutes that i have called but y should i pay for those minutes which i have not used for calling some one called me and i am paying for that why? before signing the agreement why they said that incoming are free if they have said me before i have been more careful regarding my incoming calls  too

chashanpreet kaur wrote:

overseas charges are not mention but the time i signed they said that i have 1000 international minutes

This is like koodo is giving false information to the customer just to make high in their customer list and cheating us with denying that information is been given to us ? Is this your policy is ??

i was not alone when i signed my agreement my friends were there they too are eyewitness they too confirmed it twice that incoming are free or not

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chashanpreet kaur wrote:

Incoming calls are not free, unless included in your plan Chashanpreet. Unfortunately I can't comment on what was said when about a year ago you signed up. 😞 I wasn't there. You could go back to Wow Mobile (where you bought the service) and talk with the store manager regarding the situation. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chashanpreet kaur wrote:

Sorry to interrupt the conversation, I noticed that you signed the contract in 2016. Now it is Oct2017.

It has been almost a year, have you gotten overage minutes before? or this is the first time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chashanpreet kaur wrote:

You do have the 1,000 international minute add-on on your account. Once you go over there are pay per use rates that kick in. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chashanpreet kaur wrote:

Maybe what the guy meant at the store is that you will not need to pay of incoming oversea calls. But what he actually meant, is that you won't need to pay EXTRA on those incoming calls. But, being "free" doesn't mean it won't use your minutes. 

Coming from Europe, it's hard to understand, but this is how things works here in North America and I'm very sorry that the guy didn't take the time to explain it to you clearly what he meant by "incoming calls are free"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chashanpreet kaur wrote:

Maybe what the guy meant at the store is that you will not need to pay of incoming oversea calls. But what he actually meant, is that you won't need to pay EXTRA on those incoming calls. But, being "free" doesn't mean it won't use your minutes. 

Coming from Europe, it's hard to understand, but this is how things works here in North America and I'm very sorry that the guy didn't take the time to explain it to you clearly what he meant by "incoming calls are free"