Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have an older LG phone that I would like to activate for my son. Can this phone be put on a prepaid plan? Model # LGIP-340N.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That's the model number for the battery, not the phone.
Userlevel 7
Take out the battery and look underneath. Is there a slot for a SIM card? If no, then if the phone is not a Koodo phone, you're out of luck. If yes, then the phone will have to be unlocked first (if it's not originally from Koodo).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Take out the battery and look underneath. Is there a slot for a SIM card? If no, then if the phon...

If it's a Koodo CDMA device, would she be able to activate this herself? How does this process normally work with CDMA devices?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Take out the battery and look underneath. Is there a slot for a SIM card? If no, then if the phon...

Cdma devices can only be used on postpaid. Prepaid is hspa only.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Thanks!
Jonathan I wrote:

Model # LG265X and yes this is a Koodo phone. We just haven't used this phone for a while. If it has to be on a plan what inexpensive options do I have? Its a first phone for my son and he really only needs texting.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

The cheapest plan you can take, since it's a CDMA phone and thus ineligible for prepaid service, is the $30 Canada-wide Talk + Text. You can forego the Tab and get a 10% discount on the plan for bringing your own device over (thus making the plan $27, essentially) or start earning 15% of your bill as positive Tab to use towards a new phone later... the banter was a great device for its time but it will eventually bite the dust. The plan in questions has... 100 daytime minutes and evenings/full weekends Unlimited starting at 5PM until 8AM Canada-wide calling Unlimited text/pic messages to anywhere in the world (sent from Canada) Call Display/Voicemail (10) and conference calling, call waiting, etc.