Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have a prepaid plan and texting should be free if I travel anywhere in Canada. What about calling? will there be long distance charges?

I have a prepaid plan and texting should be free if I travel anywhere within Canada. What about calling? will there be long distance charges?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Which base plan do you have? Local one or Canada-Wide plan?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Janice. If your plan details list, "Canada wide minutes" than you have Canada wide calling which equals no LD charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The type of prepaid plan you have will determine that. 15 doesn't include any L. You will always be charged pe minute. 25 is unlimited local evenings after 7pm. You will have to pay for long distance at at times per minute. 35 is unlimited nationwide after 5pm. Unlimited incoming is included. 50 is unlimited nationwide at anytime.
I just checked again and I found that anywhere in Canada I will be charged the same as at home (Quebec). Thanks for the information everyone!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Janice Goodfellow wrote:

I just checked again and I found that anywhere in Canada I will be charged the same as at home (Q...

Any minutes (or data) you add as a booster are Canada-wide regardless of your baseplan.

Just be aware that if you travel to the US you will not have any service on prepaid.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From the looks of it, all prepaid plans are canada wide or will use Canada wide talk boosters