Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I ended my contract with Telus for iPhone 5s and want to switch to Telus how can I do this?

I have an I phone 5S with Telus and just finished my 2 year contract. I want a Koodo plan with my existing phone. Is this possible

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Christine,

Yes it is completely possible! You can view the current rate-plan offerings here. Once you made up your mind, head on over to a Koodo kiosk (find your nearest one here) and the rep will be more than happy to assist you!
Would I be required to unlock my phone from Telus before I goto the Koodo kiosk ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Christine Tomlinson wrote:

Would I be required to unlock my phone from Telus before I goto the Koodo kiosk ?

No, your Telus iPhone should work without problem with Koodo as they share the same network infrastructure.

By the way, if you want to keep your current phone number, do not cancel your service with Telus, but tell the Koodo folks you want to PORT your number from Telus. Bring your account number for your Telus service with you to make the transition smoothest.

Thank you. I actually would like to change my number. Is that still okay?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes that's still okay. You're not obliged to keep your number

So I do not need to goto Telus, I just go straight to Koodo?
Userlevel 4

if you are [b][i]NOT porting your number than you will need to contact Telus and cancel your Telus account. you will need to call them to cancel your account.

if you were to port your number, then all you need to do is go to the Koodo booth and they will do everything for you.

Okay. So once I cancel with Telus, I can go straight to Koodo? No unlocking my phone is necessary? Sorry for all the questions!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, and yes. You can sign up when you want, and cancel Telus when you are ready too. Then just insert your new Koodo SIM into your phone, that's all you need to to do 🙂
Userlevel 4

Koodo is a subsidiary of Telus so you do not need to unlock your phone. phones lock to Telus or Koodo will work with each other. if you plan to move to Rogers/Fido  or Bell/Virgin, then you would need to unlock your phone.

Does Telus help when you have problems with phones you get from Kudos, how to operate them. I want a lean plan, unlimited calling, texting, no data and some games, and cheap plan in canada. around $40 a month is there such a plan at Telus, my daughter swears by your service reps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just checked Telus website and I don't see $40/mo for unlimited calling, texting, no data.
http://www.telus.com/en/on/mobility/plans/?linktype=nav

Koodo has $40/mo plan with  unlimited calling, texting, no data.
https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans

What plan she has?  What is her usage like?  We may be able to give you some suggestion based on her usage and needs. 
Can you start your own post using this link if you have more question>?
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new

usage is 2 long distance calls weekly of maybe 1 hr total and daily local calls and texting. Would like to have a phone that can do this no data and play games when at doctor's office or other places. What kind of phone that is cheap would do this, not a flip, had one and did not like it, need to see the apps or message areas.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, it might be better with $40/mo (unlimited calling, texting, no data) for the plan.

For your phone, what phone do you have? Do you still have tab balance left? 
Please answer them on this link. You will get helps/more suggestions quicker from more people.
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new