Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I am very dissatisfied! I am charged for toll-free calls! Even from koodo customer service!

I am very dissatisfied! I am charged for toll-free calls! Even from koodo customer service!
Moreover, I am always charged extra minutes when I make international calls. My phone shows that I talked X minutes, and I am always charged for X+1 or X+2.
I request that you restore my minutes that were deduced incorrectly. Otherwise, I will never use koodo again, and I will recommend everyone I know to avoid it at all cost.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can also use your Talk Booster add-on8 to make calls outside Canada. Anytime minutes will be deducted as follows: 1 min call from Canada to a U.S. destination will deduct 2 mins 1 min call from Canada to international destinations will deduct 5 mins From: https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

You can also use your Talk Booster add-on8 to make calls outside Canada. Anytime minutes will be ...

Yup, that's what I was doing. But the duration of my call was calculated incorrectly by koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also, toll free still use your minutes.
You don't get charge for long distance charge.
Mayumi wrote:

Which is unfair. Toll free should not cost me minutes. And I want them back
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

If you use land line, then it's free. 
If you use your mobile, you get charge for minutes usage.
It's not only prepaid users, postpaid users are same too.

If you dial *611 from your Koodo phone, it doesn't use your minutes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Prepaid calls also get charged from the second your phone starts ringing and not from when the answering party picks up. Calls get rounded up to the next full minute.

You have to be very adept to check your voicemail in under a minute.

It's the same story for just about every prepaid carrier in North America... Koodo is not singling their customers out. I presume it's something to do with the software all of these providers use.

We at least have the satisfaction of knowing that our unused minutes and data are not whisked away from the table at the end of each billing period while we definitely have to pay extra for overages.
Mayumi wrote:

Another option is to look into a unlimited minutes plan... then you wont have to worry/ make calls all day long
Mayumi wrote:

I got helped by the customer service! Thanks for your replies!