Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to switch from monthly plan to prepaid?

Hello I currently have a monthly plan with Koodo and my phone is on the tab. I want to switch to a prepaid option because I don't need all the features that my plan currently has and it is cheaper as well. How would I go about switching? Any help is appreciated.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Buy a prepaid sim card. Activate it. In self serve you have the option to port an existing number over. Now your number will be on prepaid and your postpaid monthly account will be canceled. Note that you will be given a final bill with any remaining overages and your final tab remaining being billed out to you
Hello I have gotten the sim card and activated my new account using the same information as my old one. I also ported over my old number which cancelled my account but I cannot login to prepaid self serve with my information from my new account. Is there any way to fix this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Make sure you are using the Prepaid self serve portal https://prepaidselfserve.koodomobile.com/
Doesn't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
vilinfield wrote:

Doesn't work.

Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesnt work, You might need to call into Koodo. *611 on your prepaid koodo cell. it's a free call
Userlevel 6
vilinfield wrote:

Doesn't work.

Hi Victor, you will need to create a new Self Serve for your prepaid account 🙂 Thank you!
vilinfield wrote:

Doesn't work.

Got it working thanks to you all.
To All, Do you have to be on postpaid for a certain number of months with Koodo before switching to prepaid? I've just started a new postpaid plan with them and after a couple of weeks, I find that I am better off with the prepaid (didn't use the features much). I am on a no-TAB plan and bought the Koodo phone upon activation. Many thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John H wrote:

To All, Do you have to be on postpaid for a certain number of months with Koodo before switchi...

You're not locked in at all except for the first month, you can port any time John 🙂
John H wrote:

To All, Do you have to be on postpaid for a certain number of months with Koodo before switchi...

Cool... Thanks Sophia! Since my first with Koodo is a partial month (I think it's only 10 days until the next billing cycle), does this count? Or do I have to sit in for another *full* month? Sorry for all the questions as I am new to Koodo.. Thanks.