Koodo Community

How to get my old number back?

Hi. I had an old Koodo Prepaid SIM card that i use to use in my phone with a number i would like to get back. I swtched to a different carrier for over a year but now am wanting to come back to Koodo. So i purchased another prepaid SIM card and durring online activation on the "choose phone number" section (part 2) i can not find old my number and when i enter my old one it says its invalid. I also called the old number several times and all i hear is the operator say that the number is out of service so no one is currently using it either. How do i get my old number back? Thanks

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is your old number the one with the different carrier right now?
no its a new number they wouldnt let me port it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So you had one number with Koodo before? but you got another number with the new carrier? What was the error message when you tried to port the number in?

You cannot choose the old number from the tool. You need a rep from Koodo to help, but it isn't guaranteed
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When did you use your old number you are seeking last?
Long time ago like 2017
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Long time ago like 2017
Then that number is long gone. Numbers are moved back into the public pool after 6 months
Userlevel 3

Long time ago like 2017Then that number is long gone. Numbers are moved back into the public pool after 6 months

"I also called the old number several times and all i hear is the operator say that the number is out of service so no one is currently using it either."
but it aint in service so no one has claimed it right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Long time ago like 2017Then that number is long gone. Numbers are moved back into the public pool after 6 months
"I also called the old number several times and all i hear is the operator say that the number is out of service so no one is currently using it either."

Maybe the number was just cancelled by other user and it's on hold status before releasing into the public pool...?
Userlevel 3

Maybe the number was just cancelled by other user and it's on hold status before releasing into the public pool...?

Maybe, but phone number search for prepaid is broken. OP needs to ask a rep or use a postpaid account to be sure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Maybe, but phone number search for prepaid is broken. OP needs to ask a rep or use a postpaid account to be sure.

If you really want to ask a rep, send them a message on FB. Not worth wasting your time on the phone for that.