Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to get money back from a negative bill amount?

I switched from a monthly customer to prepaid at the beginning of the year. I keep getting monthly bills of a negative amount due. I understand that normally this amount would be deducted from my next month's bill, but since I no longer have a plan I just keep getting a negative bill amount. Is there a way to use this amount towards my prepaid bills? Or do I have to cancel my monthly plan to get that money back?

Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Contact customer service. Normally when you switch from monthly to prepaid with Koodo, you will be credited for any unused paid portion of your plan.

Something is not ringing correctly. Why are you still receiving the monthly plan bills?
When I switched to prepaid, I had to create a new account. So essentially I have "two" accounts. My old account which is the monthly plan is where I'm still getting "billed" each month for the unused paid portion
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to get money back from a negative bill amount?. I switched from a monthly customer to prepaid at the beginning of the year. I keep getting monthly bills of a negative amount due. I understand that normally this amount would be deducted from my next month's bill, but since I no longer have a plan I just keep getting a negative bill amount. Is there a way to use this amount towards my prepaid bills? Or do I have to cancel my monthly plan to get that money back?

Thanks!
Userlevel 3
Hi MIfferette! You will have to contact our Customer Service by dialing 1-866-995-6636 and the negative amount will be refunded by a cheque sent by mail as it cannot be transferred to a prepaid account. Hope this helps! 
After Customer Service, the amount was actually transferred to my prepaid account instead of getting a refund by cheque. Finally resolved!