Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How can I get Koodo to send me SMS only after 9AM?


How can I get Koodo to send me SMSs only after 9AM? I received a "Thanks for using automatic top-ups..." at 4:47AM Mountain time. This is unacceptable for me. I love Koodo prepaid, but I need to sleep unless something important happens. Thank you, Charles

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does your phone have a do not disturb function that won't allow numbers to contact you at certain times, if so try setting it up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It has been submitted as an idea before, but for some reason it wasn't implemented. Would you like me to change this into an idea, Charles? I don't see why it should be impossible for Koodo to change the time when text messages are sent from their server 🙂
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

It has been submitted as an idea before, but for some reason it wasn't implemented. Would you lik...

Are you sure they are actually sending at that time or the OP just received it. Sometimes texts are delayed for many reasons. You phone could be a reason too. What would have triggered the "thank you"? The OP's credit card top up?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

It has been submitted as an idea before, but for some reason it wasn't implemented. Would you lik...

Yes, prepaid users on auto top up get a "thank you" message from Koodo for using auto top up... but as Paul suggested I have my phone on mute during the night so it doesn't bother me. It seems like it should be a small thing for Koodo to change the time it is sent though 🙂
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

It has been submitted as an idea before, but for some reason it wasn't implemented. Would you lik...

Ok, but isn't it tied to what customers are doing when? Say I have auto top up and I use the phone at midnight. Doesn't the auto top up kick in then and a short time after a "thank you" is sent?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

It has been submitted as an idea before, but for some reason it wasn't implemented. Would you lik...

No, it seems independent from its use.... I just checked my messages. Koodo: Just a heads up, your $15 base plan will renew on (date). Dial *611 or log into prepaidselfserve.koodomobile.com for more information about your account. Those are all sent around 11am. Then there are two messages Koodo: Your base plan has been renewed for another 30 days. Enjoy! and Koodo: Thank you for using automatic top-ups. Your 10% discount for your base plan has been applied. Enjoy! Those are sent at seemingly random times ranging from the wee hours to mid morning, namely in my case: 6:47am 10:04am 5:17am 10:04am 4:31am 10:04am 10:06am 10:17am 9:06am 9:32am
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

It has been submitted as an idea before, but for some reason it wasn't implemented. Would you lik...

Ok that's nuts then. And you say they right out said no to an Idea about this in the past? Why? As you said it doesn't seem that complicated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

It has been submitted as an idea before, but for some reason it wasn't implemented. Would you lik...

I don't remember what happened with the idea, it's been a long time but I remember the person who posted it was very irate about it. I'll see if I can still find it... hang on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

It has been submitted as an idea before, but for some reason it wasn't implemented. Would you lik...

Got it 😃 http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/why_would_koodo_do_this It's funny I changed it into an idea back then too, haha!
Sophia wrote:

It has been submitted as an idea before, but for some reason it wasn't implemented. Would you lik...

Hi Sophia, that would be great to take care of the problem at the source. Of course many good suggestions that I am thankful for allowed me to mask the problem.
Userlevel 2
Sophia, I don't think I was "irate" 🙂 Annoyed, yes, but not irate. Maybe I was irate at one of the posters that was replying? Anyways, I am still getting the texts at 3 and 4 in the morning, so is my wife. They told me that it was a billing issue, and ties in with when they bill my card.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Paul wrote:

Sophia, I don't think I was "irate" 🙂 Annoyed, yes, but not irate. Maybe I was irate at one of t...

Haha ooh sorry Brian, but it all happened so long ago that I forgot the exact details - I even forgot it was YOU 🙂 I'll officially consider you "annoyed" then rather than irate 🙂
Userlevel 6
Brian Paul wrote:

Sophia, I don't think I was "irate" 🙂 Annoyed, yes, but not irate. Maybe I was irate at one of t...

I'm not sure why people wouldn't just turn off their phones or at least the sound alerts. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Paul wrote:

Sophia, I don't think I was "irate" 🙂 Annoyed, yes, but not irate. Maybe I was irate at one of t...

*devil's advocate* Likewise, I'm not sure why Koodo can't just implement this seemingly simple solution 😛
Brian Paul wrote:

Sophia, I don't think I was "irate" 🙂 Annoyed, yes, but not irate. Maybe I was irate at one of t...

RudyW, what is it exactly that you don't understand in the fact that I need to be available in case of emergencies that can come from many sources, but that I don't want "thank you" SMSs to wake me up at 4AM?
Userlevel 6
Brian Paul wrote:

Sophia, I don't think I was "irate" 🙂 Annoyed, yes, but not irate. Maybe I was irate at one of t...

I thought you already considered Dom's suggestion below and didn't want to go with that. I think what he is saying that there are app that would allow you to turn Koodo;s sound notification off.
I found there are lots of apps at Google Play Store for free that have the functionality to turn off any or all interuptions during times you want to be undisturbed. Also cool that many of them have the ability to allow certain people to be able to contact you 24/7 in case of emergency. Try searching "sleep timer" or "do not disturb sleep" This works great for me, Good luck!
Thanks everyone for all your great suggestions to mask the problem.
Userlevel 2
Charles Hamel wrote:

Thanks everyone for all your great suggestions to mask the problem.

Charles, I understand your pain LOL. I do not appreciate messages at 3 or 4 in the morning, especially when I work afternoon shift. Unless, of course it is an emergency from a friend or family. Which, is why I asked about this last year. But, since nothing has been done, I have found an app that may work. It is called Nights Keeper. Not sure how well it works as I just down loaded it the other day. Anyways, good luck with this, and hopefully this time, Koodo will do a little more looking into it.

Reply