Koodo Community

Community

Give prepaid SIMs the same 90-day delay as postpaid ones!

Userlevel 6
Many people own 2 or more cellphones nowadays, and many of these people use prepaid services. On postpaid, you can switch to a new SIM card from within Self-Serve without killing off your old SIM. It simply has to become active again on the same account within 90 days and all is good. On prepaid, once a SIM has been replaced with a new one, it's useless and can't be used anymore. I propose Koodo aligns prepaid SIMs to postpaid SIMs in this regard, that is, we can reactivate a prepaid SIM on the same account. It would allow those with multiple phones to switch between their devices without having to dismantle their cases and/or covers everytime, by simply swapping SIM numbers in Self-Serve, exactly like many already do on postpaid. What does everyone think?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm agai.......... HECK WHAT AM I SAYING 😃 BRING IT ON 😃
Userlevel 5
Sophia wrote:

I'm agai.......... HECK WHAT AM I SAYING 😃 BRING IT ON :D

Yeah. I'm not too sure why the Prepaid SIM are useless after they have been replaced. I think the 90 day delay is a good idea for all SIM cards.
Userlevel 7
Yup good idea, no real reason for them to expire like that I can see.
Hi, We like get two prepaid cellphone from Koo do
Userlevel 6
saam arwin wrote:

Hi, We like get two prepaid cellphone from Koo do

saam, go right ahead and get the prepaid phones you like 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wow I had no idea, for sure this should be implemented & I'm really surprised it's not
Userlevel 6
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Wow I had no idea, for sure this should be implemented & I'm really surprised it's not

This idea is likely slipping quietly thru as it doesn't even have a status 😞
Userlevel 2
I wonder if it's a system limitation of how the prepaid system is set up... Unfortunately, I never had to do training for the Prepaid side of things, however I may just do that today....
Userlevel 5
Hey David, Just following up with this idea. We looked within Ideas as well as other customer feedback and found that not enough customers are voicing this concern. Given the other initiatives on the go that are more impactful, we're going to spend our time on those and keep this "unplanned" for now until further notice. Thanks for bringing it up though, you know we appreciate it 🙂
Userlevel 6
Sumaya K. wrote:

Hey David, Just following up with this idea. We looked within Ideas as well as other customer...

Well, a guy can always try I guess, lol! Thanx for the feedback Sumaya. The original motive behind this was to be able to swap SIM ICCID's instead of taking apart the phones and cases everytime we wish to use a different phone. You're right that not many people share that concern, however, seeing as postpaid users have the feature anyway, I thought prepaid users could have it too, with it being popular or not. In any case, thank you Sumaya!