Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Generic Error trying to activate sim card online

Just returned from buying a prepaid sim card with a plan at a koodo store. After selecting a phone number to pick out and hitting continue it says: "Generic Error Oh no! It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic. Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page." Would like to know when they will fix this, id rather not have to give another $15 to this company just to activate it via phonecall. Thanks Edit: Actually the error happens after the 'Base Plan & Boosters' step

14 replies

Yup, I'm having the same problem. Tried different browsers (Chrome and IE), tried a bunch of times, no success yet.
This is what's happening to me too.... So frustrating!!!!
There's a similar thread here, with no answers: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/prepaid-sign-up-genetic-error
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes no official word yet, sorry guys!
Okay, I think it went through for me, I've got to at least the confirmation page...
I'm glad I'm not the only person having this problem...
Userlevel 3
Hey Cordonfreeman, The issue has been resolved and we thank you for your patience. You can go ahead and setup your account. Thank you. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Khaleila wrote:

Hey Cordonfreeman, The issue has been resolved and we thank you for your patience. You can go...

Apparently we r still having this issue. I got my activation completed and got the error
Khaleila wrote:

Hey Cordonfreeman, The issue has been resolved and we thank you for your patience. You can go...

I just got the same message today?? Is there a fix yet?

Userlevel 1
Khaleila wrote:

I have been getting the same problem for 5 days now. It started happening right after I changed my phone number. Still happening after I cleared my cache, in IE, FFox, Chrome on different PCs and on my cell. Tech Support says that they are upgrading their software/servers... For 5 days?
Khaleila wrote:

It's never fixed!  There are ALWAYS these complaints.  1 year ago, 4 months ago.  1 month ago.  Now (me)!  They just don't know how to make a good working web site.

I am currently having this issue, get to the select device/plan/booster page and once I select a base plan I get this error.
Userlevel 3
Adam Black wrote:

I am currently having this issue, get to the select device/plan/booster page and once I select a ...

Hey Adam, 

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache/cookies http://koo.do/1HRTNMW or using another browser? 

Let us know how this worked for you!
Adam Black wrote:

I am currently having this issue, get to the select device/plan/booster page and once I select a ...

I couldn't get it to work on an android phone, or a Macbook, but it just worked perfect on a windows pc.