Koodo Community
Solved

Failed Activation - Still Got Charged!

Okay so here is my dilemma.
On Dec 26, I bought a pre-paid Koodo SIM card with the intent to activate it myself online.
Later, on the 15th of January, I attempted to activate it. I followed all the steps, chose a number, and entered my BMO Debit Mastercard number in. After a very long period of "processing" it told me the activation failed. I went to attempt it again using my Scotiabank Debit Visa, but when I entered the SIM number into the first box on the activation page, it said it was an "invalid SIM". It was late by this point, so I said forget it - and went to bed.
A day or so passes, I go to look at my online banking an LO AND BEHOLD "OP ONLINE PURCHASE 15JAN2019KOODO TOP UP REAPPROV AB" appears on my list of charges - $45.20!
I have no service and never received any kind of activation e-mail, text etc. telling me my SIM was activated. At the top of my phone it says "SIM Locked by Operator - Emergency Calls Only" meaning I have been charged for service that isn't being provided! The activation apparently failed by it still took my money!
What are my next steps? Can I get a refund or at least get the service I paid for? What is the best way to resolve this issue?
icon

Best answer by Dinh 20 January 2019, 18:40

hi,
Was the charge showed up in the actual charge or in the "Pending charges"? sometimes it was charged but then disappeared later.

You could setup a callback through Koodo digital assistant and ask to speak to a prepaid agent. www.koodo.com/chat Enter a number that you can receive call on when it asks. Someone will call you back later.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
Was the charge showed up in the actual charge or in the "Pending charges"? sometimes it was charged but then disappeared later.

You could setup a callback through Koodo digital assistant and ask to speak to a prepaid agent. www.koodo.com/chat Enter a number that you can receive call on when it asks. Someone will call you back later.
Userlevel 2
Hello! May I ask if you’ve to restart your phone since? If the SIM has been activated, it’s possible that simply restarting your device will do the trick.

Last thing we want is to charge you for a service that you cannot use, as it wouldn’t be fair. Also, may I ask if your phone was purchased with us? It might still be locked with the previous provider.
I ended up calling and basically I took so long on my application there was a glitch - my pin didn't register AND my phone was locked by my previous provider. I've now cleared up both of those things, and have service. Thank you both for your helpful responses.
Userlevel 2
Awesome! I'm glad to hear it 🙂

Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else. Weekend is almost over, enjoy the rest of it!