Koodo Community

Community

Solved

extended absence greeting

Userlevel 1
How is an extended absence greeting different from a regular greeting? (since there is a setting where you can still receive messages)

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It is different in that it gives you the option to not allow messages, which the standard option does not.
what happens if the option is off?  does it just click off after your message or does the system say it isn't taking voicemail?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
janice wrote:

what happens if the option is off?  does it just click off after your message or does the sy...

Usually your personal greeting iwould nclude direction to the caller, and you would indicate that messages are not accepted.
janice wrote:

what happens if the option is off?  does it just click off after your message or does the sy...

but after my message does it just disconnect or what happens?
Userlevel 5
janice wrote:

Call it from another phone and see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
janice wrote:

I haven't used this service on Koodo, so can't offer specific response. If you have access to a second phone, why not give it a try, and share your discovery with the community's?
janice wrote:

I had already thought I may have to do that and see. I don't have a second phone here so will have to try a payphone.  I will let you know
janice wrote:

I called. With extended absence on and choosing not to receive messages, it plays the recording I put on and at the end the automated system says "this subscriber has opted to not receive messages"...I put it in quotes but can't remember word for word.  But basically the generic voice does come on and the caller will know that you chose the option that does not allow leaving a message.  Not what I was looking for.