Koodo Community

Community

Solved

European HTC Desire HD on the Koodo network.

I have been give two unlocked European HTC Desire HD phones to use. Before I was sent them I ran both IMEI numbers through http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-if-my-phone-will-work-on-the-koodo-network to check compatibility and that tool says they will work. When I take it to the Koodo store they have tried a Sim card and have said it's not compatible as it will not find the network. Does anyone have any suggestions? From the box: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 HSDPA 900 / 2100

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo does not have a 2G GSM network Koodo uses 3G HSPA+ 850/1900 So based on your post the phone will not work with Koodo
So basically, their tool sucks. I wish my friend hadn't spent money sending these up to me. Thanks for your answer
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sorry. I have not used the tool myself. Try entering the IMEI again to see if it gives the same answer. Doesnt solve your issue, but just out of curiosity.
In case someone searches this topic in the future, I pasted the frequencies from GSMA, and now realize that the box has more info when I look a second time. I'm updating just in case someone gets their hopes up based on their box reading different. Mine actually says: HSDPA/WCDMA (900 / 2100 MHz) GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz)
Yes, Dennis, I entered both IMEI's again. Below is what I get, with some XXXX's to obscure the number: Your IMEI - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Desire HD Your device should work on our Network. Your device has not been reported as lost or stolen. Check another device.