Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Emergency Calls Only????

When will my service be restored? Since yesterday....my prepaid phone is showing me ~ emergency calls only! That sucks seeing that I am a paid customer with an active $50 plan, and talk boosters 😞

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Barbara, Nobody would take your service from you, and I haven't heard about any outages. Whereabouts are you? Have you tried manually searching for the network? Anything else you might have changed, a setting in your phone perhaps? Don't be hasty to blame Koodo as it could be a thousand reasons why you don't have service... if you give us more information we might be able to troubleshoot you. What phone do you have for example, and what does your prepaid self service show? If we can't solve your problem, you'll need to contact Koodo from another phone at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also you can try turn the power off for a while and turn it on again. Or take the battery out and put it back and turn it on.
Hi Sophia, I am in British Columbia. I have called the number you provided and my issue has been resolved and my service restored! I was very impressed with how quickly and politely my experience was handled. Thanks for the great service! Barbara
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Barbara Mullis wrote:

Hi Sophia, I am in British Columbia. I have called the number you provided and my issue has be...

I'm so pleased your service came back! Just a heads up though: I don't work for Koodo, have no access to your account or nor did I do anything to Koodo's towers 🙂 I'm just a volunteer like most of us here, trying to troubleshoot your problem, same as Mayumi 🙂 But the person you talked to would be happy to hear your praise for SURE 😃