Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does prepaid SIM card fee get applied as a credit to an existing account?

I recently upgraded my phone which meant going from a micro-SIM to a nano-SIM. Koodo sold me a new nano SIM card for $20+GST and it was my understanding that I would get $20 of credit applied to my account when I activated the new SIM card. I used the "change SIM" feature on the prepaid self serve website and my phone has been working fine with the new SIM for about a week now, but I don't see any credit for the $20. How can I get the credit applied to my account?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You only get $20 once, Kent, when you activate your new prepaid account. Changing a SIM card won't qualify for another $20 I'm afraid, sorry 😞
$20 for exchanging a SIM card is certainly a rip off then. I could see if they charged $5 or $10, but $20 is excessive. Sophia, are you a Koodo employee or just an avid forum member?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kent wrote:

$20 for exchanging a SIM card is certainly a rip off then. I could see if they charged $5 or $10...

The latter, Kent. You can sometimes find SIM cards cheaper on eBay (I bought mine for $6 a while ago)... just a heads up for next time. I agree that $20 is steep!