Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does anyone know how Pre-paid works and if the Anytime minutes is effective?

I am currently on the $29/month plan but wish to switch to the 415/month base plan. I saw you need to get Anytime minutes. Does anyone know how exactly that works? For example I pay $5 and get 25 anytime minutes but then it says 20cents/min. Is that the overtime rate like if I went over the 25 minute mark I would be charged 20cents per extra minute I used? Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
No, that's just the effective rate when you buy a prepaid booster. If you use up all your minutes you just buy another booster. The best part is that the minutes don't expire as long as you continue to pay for your base plan. For maximum value, pay $25 to get 500 minutes (5 cents/minute); if you don't talk much, it will last a long time.
So....I pay $5 for 25 minutes and when I actually call, I only get charged 0.20cents a minute?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You buy a booster for a certain amount of money, for which you get a certain amount of minutes. You can keep calling until your booster is used, after which you need to buy another booster. They never expire, as Ray mentioned as well. So: A $25 booster gives you 500 minutes. A $5 booster gives you 25 minutes. If you calculate that per minute, the $25 booster means you call for $0.05 per minute, and the $5 booster means your calls cost $0.20 per minute. (simple math) You're actually best off to buy the largest booster, since they never expire and give you the best "bang for your buck". You can even buy a few boosters, sometimes Koodo has a special offer like in December, when you got double the minutes for your money. Some of us stocked up with 5 or 6 boosters back then 😃 Does that answer your question?
Sofia, Thank you very much. That makes sense now! And when you say "never expire" does that mean if I had the phone for a decade they'd still never expire as long as the base rate was being paid each month?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
EGoldfish wrote:

Sofia, Thank you very much. That makes sense now! And when you say "never expire" does that mea...

That's EXACTLY what it means 🙂
EGoldfish wrote:

Sofia, Thank you very much. That makes sense now! And when you say "never expire" does that mea...

WOW! That is great! Thanks for the help! 🙂