Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Do prepaid expire?

I just need a prepaid account for a month out of the year JULY while at the cottage the rest of the year I would not need it , Does the pre paid serve need to be updated monthy or can i just pay for it when I need it?

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Do you already have an account with Koodo? You can use prepaid for as long as you want, no need to update monthly.
Userlevel 1
Chris Petersens wrote:

Do you already have an account with Koodo? You can use prepaid for as long as you want, no need t...

if you don't update your base plan, every month it'll expire your account will be deactivated after 90 days, you should buy new SIM to get new number/account
Chris Petersens wrote:

Do you already have an account with Koodo? You can use prepaid for as long as you want, no need t...

As Mat said, you have to renew the base plan monthly. If you add Talk minutes those will not expire until they are used.
Chris Petersens wrote:

so I could renew the base plan every 80 days and it would not get deactivated
Userlevel 1
Chris Petersens wrote:

Yes!
Chris Petersens wrote:

So if I let my base plan expire for 80 days, and then reactivate it, do I have to back pay for those two months?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

No. That is one of the advantages of Prepaid for those who have limited needs of service.

Chris Petersens wrote:

Oh good, thanks.
I dont have a Koodo account, So If i buy it for a month, then dont use it for 90 days it will expire? and I will need to do it all over next year?
Userlevel 1
BrentSmith wrote:

I dont have a Koodo account, So If i buy it for a month, then dont use it for 90 days it wil...

Yes Brent!
BrentSmith wrote:

I dont have a Koodo account, So If i buy it for a month, then dont use it for 90 days it wil...

ok so can I re-activate the same sim card each year?
Userlevel 1
BrentSmith wrote:

No, after 90 days your orginal SIM you'll buy will get deactivated after 90 days and you should buy new one
BrentSmith wrote:

ok thanks
Userlevel 1
BrentSmith wrote:

you're welcome!