Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Do I activate my new Koodo prepaid phone before transferring my other smartphone number?

I have bought a new prepaid Koodo smartphone (and a prepaid Sim card). I want to activate it and transfer the phone number from my Rogers phone. Do I need to activate my new Koodo phone online and afterwards, phone Koodo to transfer my phone number from Rogers to my new phone? I am asking this because I imagine that when I go through the steps to activate my phone on Koodo's website, I imagine that they will ask me to choose a phone number... So do I choose a random number and then after I have finished the activation, I then phone Koodo to transfer my Rogers number which will replace the phone number I chose during the activation? Thanks!! Mark

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Porting your number over is an option during the activation / account set up process, so just follow it and you'll be all good and ready to go with your same number.
Thanks very much Paul. Marc
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marc Roy wrote:

Thanks very much Paul. Marc

NP Marc, Welcome to Koodo any further questions feel free to ask and we will get your phone up and working with you asap. Have a wonderful Holiday