Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Difference between SIM only and prepaid

Userlevel 1
Hi, I want to give my mom a new phone for a Christmas present. I'm thinking of getting her Galaxy S4 and the SIM only price is $360 while the prepaid price is $510. Does SIM only have 2 year contract and that's why it's much cheaper? She doesn't want contract because she might leave the country soon.

Also, my mom has Mini SIM and S4 requires micro SIM. Do I have to buy a new SIM to use S4 in koodo? Lastly, my mom has an old plan of $20 and she would like to keep it. If I buy a new SIM card for S4, will she lose that grandfather plan? Thanks a lot in advance!
icon

Best answer by Paul Deschamps 29 November 2015, 17:30

The lower SIM Only price is for postpaid customers and you need to have a postpaid account to get that price. If your on prepaid then you will pay the prepaid price for the phone. As far as the SIM Card yes you will need to buy a new SIM Card, postpaid SIM cards are $5 and the prepaid SIM cards are $20. If you pay full price for the phone then you won't need to change your plan, only if you use the tab plus then you'll need to change to a tab plus plan.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The lower SIM Only price is for postpaid customers and you need to have a postpaid account to get that price. If your on prepaid then you will pay the prepaid price for the phone. As far as the SIM Card yes you will need to buy a new SIM Card, postpaid SIM cards are $5 and the prepaid SIM cards are $20. If you pay full price for the phone then you won't need to change your plan, only if you use the tab plus then you'll need to change to a tab plus plan.