Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data Usage History Not Displaying Correctly in Prepaid Self Service

Userlevel 2
My data usage isn't displaying properly in my usage history on the Prepaid Self Service portal (text and voice history are displaying correctly though). According to the detailed usage history, the last time I used *any* data was on October 11, 2014 (i.e. 12 days ago!) Of course, that's totally incorrect - I don't use huge amounts of data, but I've definitely used some over the past twelve days. I just got off the phone with *611 - complete waste of time, since the only thing the CS rep did was repeat to me what her screen was showing for my data usage - which was exactly the same as what I was already seeing in the Prepaid Self Service portal. (On a side note: she managed to confuse MB with kB - Koodo, please train your CS reps better ....) After about ten minutes of useless back-and-forth, I finally convinced her to escalate my call, except that I got placed on hold that never ended. I bailed when my call timer hit the 60 minute mark (i.e. 50 minutes of being on hold). So what does this mean now? Am I (not) being charged for data usage at all? Or is the usage history going to update itself all of a sudden and I find out I've been using way more data than I realized?

18 replies

Userlevel 3
Hey Jake, Thanks for reaching out. Due to current system issues with our prepaid Self Serve, this can explain the reason you're unable to see your usage history after the 11th of October. We're working on resolving this in a timely manner and apologize for the inconvenience. As for the wait time for your call to be answered, it can simply be due to a high call volume at that time. Thank you. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star
Userlevel 2
Khaleila wrote:

Hey Jake, Thanks for reaching out. Due to current system issues with our prepaid Self Serve, ...

1. so do you have an estimate on when it will be back up and running? Prepaid Self Service was bad enough before. This takes it to a whole new level. 2. it might help if your "on hold" system would give us an estimate of our time remaining in the queue or giving us the option of leaving a voicemail for a call-back when it's less busy on your end.
Userlevel 2
Khaleila wrote:

Hey Jake, Thanks for reaching out. Due to current system issues with our prepaid Self Serve, ...

BTW, you might consider letting your CS reps know about the "current system issues with [your] prepaid Self Serve" since the one I spoke with had no idea that there was an issue.
Userlevel 3
Khaleila wrote:

Hey Jake, Our technicians are working on resolving this as soon as possible and don't have an actual time frame. We do however, Thank you for your feedback. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 2
Khaleila wrote:

So what happens if I run out of data and don't know about it?
Userlevel 6
Khaleila wrote:

@Jake: My detailed usage history is also not showing any data usage events, but the usage overview (Booster Usage tab) looks like it's being updated instantaneously.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Khaleila wrote:

Also, if you run out of data and don't know it you will be in the need to buy a new booster. The pro of being on prepaid is that there is no extra charge if you go over your data! Your data simply cuts off!
Userlevel 2
Khaleila wrote:

@Ray - data used is *not* updating in the Booster Usage tab. @Robert - how do I know they're even tracking it properly so that they can cut it off? And doesn't a sudden cut off defeat the purpose of knowing how much data I've used so that I can purchase a booster before it cuts off?
Userlevel 2
I'm pissed off that this topic has been marked as "answered" when really there's been no positive resolution of the situation - just excuses.
Userlevel 6
Jake wrote:

I'm pissed off that this topic has been marked as "answered" when really there's been no positive...

There's something odd going on, and it seems to vary from one account to the next. I don't see usage details but do see it reflected under Booster Usage. It doesn't seem to work at all for you. At least we are able to log in to prepaid self serve - others still report it doesn't work for them!
Userlevel 6
Jake wrote:

I'm pissed off that this topic has been marked as "answered" when really there's been no positive...

Detailed usage history is working for me again. As a data geek, I wish there was some way to download it.
Userlevel 2
Jake wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I appears to be working for me now as well. As for downloading it, the effort-intensive workaround is to copy and paste it into an excel spreadsheet, since the formatting and columns are preserved. But I do get your point, since it's a huge pain to load additional screens since each screen only displays ten items at a time. Unfortunately the way the table is set up in the billing / transaction history is different, so the copy-and-paste method isn't feasible (yet another thing to get on the Koodo web guys about it).
Userlevel 3
Hey Jake, Our techs are still working on this and do understand where you're coming from. However, as Ray mentioned this info is available/slowing becoming available to few. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
When will it fixed? I am not able to check data usage for 2 weeks.
Userlevel 2
Kennethspace wrote:

Looks like it's back up and running again, but data usage from before it got fixed displays out of order, so you'll need to do some sorting of this history.
Userlevel 6
Kennethspace wrote:

@ kennethspace So, is it working for you, like it does for jake now or you are still having issues?
Kennethspace wrote:

No. I still cannot check remaining data in Booster Usage section
Kennethspace wrote:

As of today, I still cannot check data usage online. This is completely hopeless. I am not able to contact customer service as well.