Koodo Community
Solved

Data Charges on Prepaid if used for MMS?

• 24 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I will try to explain this simply.

My daughter no has a prepaid plan, just 15$ a month, texting mostly with a minutes booster as she needs it.

I want to turn on Data so she can send MMS/Pictures/Long texts.

If I enable data will I risk getting charges for data if she only uses MMS? If she opens Facebook/youtube will it bill by MB usage?
icon

Best answer by Dinh 24 September 2018, 17:10

hi,
As she is on a prepaid plan and you mentioned she didn't have a data booster, she should be fine.

When you turn on data on your phone with no data booster, the system won't consume any data from Koodo cellular account (because there is none). However, MMS will go through. If she opens facebook/youtube, she would need a wifi connection.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
As she is on a prepaid plan and you mentioned she didn't have a data booster, she should be fine.

When you turn on data on your phone with no data booster, the system won't consume any data from Koodo cellular account (because there is none). However, MMS will go through. If she opens facebook/youtube, she would need a wifi connection.
hi,

Thank you, I have my CC on the account for auto renewals, I was concerned about her being dinged for pay-per-use data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

hi,

Thank you, I have my CC on the account for auto renewals, I was concerned about her being dinged for pay-per-use data.

Prepaid does not have pay per use data