Koodo Community
Solved

data

• 6 June 2020
  • 9 replies

I switched my plain to the $50.00 plus 5g data and it shows on my phone 2gb I have a Molo E6 phone and when I go on to my Koodo prepaid account it shows 5gb and Im all ready up to 1363.889 and I haven't hardly used it I use my bf wifi when I'm at his house once in a while I use the data but it shouldn't be that high already and my bf has the 4gb and his is only at 500 and something and he uses his more then me so why is it doing that 

icon

Best answer by Dinh 6 June 2020, 04:12

If you are a prepaid customer, you should have full 5GB

From your description, the 2GB was the limit showed in your phone? If so you can increase it to 5Gb or turn off the option “limit mobile data" in your phone. That option is controled by customers not Koodo. 

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you changed your plan mid-month, your data will be pro-rated for the portion of the billing period left. It will be the full 5GB in the next billing period.

So, for instance, if you changed plans 15 days into the billing period, you would see only 2.5 GB for this billing period.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are a prepaid customer, you should have full 5GB

From your description, the 2GB was the limit showed in your phone? If so you can increase it to 5Gb or turn off the option “limit mobile data" in your phone. That option is controled by customers not Koodo. 

How do I do that I have a Moto E6 phone still figuring it out and I changed my plain at the end of May that would be May 30 and I haven't hardly used my data and it's already up to 1390.999 now I don't get that and my boyfriend has a 4gb and his don't do that and he uses his more

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How do I do that I have a Moto E6 phone still figuring it out and I changed my plain at the end of May that would be May 30 and I haven't hardly used my data and it's already up to 1390.999 now I don't get that and my boyfriend has a 4gb and his don't do that and he uses his more

Can you confirm if you are a monthly postpaid  or a prepaid customer?

If you are a prepaid customer, you could try this to access your mobile data limit option https://videotron.tmtx.ca/en/topic/moto_g6/setting_a_limit_for_data_usage.html#step=1

I'm a prepaid customer

What do I set the data limit to when I set it thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What do I set the data limit to when I set it thanks

I would suggest you disable it if you don’t have a need to limit/control your data. As a prepaid customer, your data is automatically stopped at the data amount in your plan (5GB)

I got it but if I set the date warning what do I set it as my plain goes to the end of the month so is that what I set it at thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Eh, if you disable the mobile data limiter in your phone, you wouldn’t have to care what date it is on in the phone.

in the case you want to set the limiter, you can set it to the billing date. But your prepaid plan is renewed by a 30 days cycle. Billing date could be changed each month...