Koodo Community
Question

Credit card refused for top up

Hello,

I’m unable to renew my base plan because the top up page won’t accept my credit card. I already called the bank and they say that the problem is on Koodo’s end because Koodo is trying to charge 0$. I’m unable to contact customer service with this issue. What is the next step?

Thanks

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What error message do you get when you try to enter your credit card number?

I get :

Unable to Process Transaction Your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Contact your card issuer for more information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oof, it sounds as if you may need to contact Koodo in order to add your credit card manually… and you are quite right, it is almost impossible to reach them by phone right now. I suggest you send them a private message on Facebook and ask them to add your card… and I’ll be rooting for you that they’ll answer you swiftly! Meanwhile, would you have another credit card (or even visa debit card) you can use to top up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you call 611 and topup over the phone?

I already tried. The bot just tells you to sign in in self-serve.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Sophia are you able to call into 611 to topup?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dennis yes, it looks as if I can - but then again my credit card is already registered so I don’t think that’s entirely the same issue...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok Im out of ideas.  @HighOnPhazon  just do what @Sophia suggested.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have another credit card, register that as your method of payment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@HighOnPhazon there is one more thing to check, does your address in self service match your home address exactly? Koodo can get very moody over things like that!

I went out and bought a koodo prepaid card. This should solve the problem until I get an answer back from the facebook customer service…

Thanks for the replies everyone.