Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Charged over $150 trying to activate my pre paid plan.....

Your website is insanely archaic. I just received my SIM and was trying to activate a pre paid plan. I went though all the steps and it said the charge was denied by my card issuer. I tried another time as there shouldn't be a problem with my CC. Didn't work. Went through the whole process again with a different card thinking maybe it was my mistake and it didn't activate again citing the same reason. Log into my banking and there's over $150 in charges over the 2 cards from my attempts. This is completely unacceptable. I tried to contact the call center and after way too many prompts and "heads up!"'s from the robot guy I find out it is closed. This situation needs to be rectified and I need to be justly compensated for my losses and frustration.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Jeobrie

The only way this can be fixed, is by calling Koodo. We can't help with account related problem on the community!

Hours of operation (local ET time):
    Monday − Friday: 9am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Userlevel 3
Hi jeobrie!

Have you succeeded contacting us ? Has the issue been solved? 

Keep us posted!
I tried to call yesterday and was on hold for longer than I had time to commit to. Will try again today.
Userlevel 6
jeobrie wrote:

I tried to call yesterday and was on hold for longer than I had time to commit to. Will try again...

Hi Jeobrie, did you have the chance to speak with one of our customer service representatives yesterday?  
jeobrie wrote:

I tried to call yesterday and was on hold for longer than I had time to commit to. Will try again...

Not yet. I called yesterday, it was a 45 minute wait. I had them call me back and I missed it as I was at work. They did call back later and I was able to answer, then put me on indefinite hold again while I waited for a rep. Its been 3 days and I still haven't been able to even speak to anyone. A real pain. Will try again today with a better outcome hopefully.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jeobrie wrote:

You can try email:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/account/appmanager/support/contactus

Choose "social media". I know it doesn't make any sense, but I've had my fingers rapped a few times for suggesting this by the powers that be as it seems to be a "priority" channel.

Maybe consider activating with a prepaid card, for the time being, and then getting this sorted out later.

You deserve better.