Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Charged for receiving calls???

Hi,

If I understood well, we are getting charged for incoming calls??? This was not mentionned on the Koodo prepaid flyer... Coming from France, where it's only the person making the call who gets charged this is very surprising and frustrating. I would have liked to be informed.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Although I can't speak to the content of the flyer you mention, the website states: "Anytime minutes are charged by the minute and the airtime required to connect your calls is drawn from the included minutes" and does not differentiate between incoming or outgoing calls. In North America, all call time is billed, when making or receiving calls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately this is not the land of 50gb data and unlimited talk plans for 17 euros. To be technical, you are charged minutes If you are on a prepaid plan without unlimited calls overall or a certain ti frame, such as 1700-0800 the following morning. Otherwise it's exactly as David explained.
Goran wrote:

Unfortunately this is not the land of 50gb data and unlimited talk plans for 17 euros. To be ...

indeed it is not... 
Userlevel 3
Goran wrote:

Unfortunately this is not the land of 50gb data and unlimited talk plans for 17 euros. To be ...

Then again....the French VAT is 20%. Now that's insane. No one told me about that either. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Pretty standard Euro wide. And it's included in the price. I very much prefer that over the North American practice of plus taxes on everything.