Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Changing base plans in less than 24hrs and you lose your credits?

We just bought a prepaid phone tonight and my step daughter just selected the $15 plan.  We just went online to change it to the $25 plan and it wants the full $25.  This all occurred within 2 hours!!!  Did I just lose $15 in credits for absolutely NO usage??

5 replies

And we added our debit card and it didn't give the 100 minute talk booster credit it said we would receive.
Badge +4
Hi Amy, you should call Koodo when they reopen tomorrow and explain that you wanted the $25 baseplan instead. By the sounds of things, the $15 baseplan has since been applied and while the system sees the switch, it still wants the full $25. As for the 100 minute talk booster credit, it sometimes takes a little time before its applied, you can also ask about that when you call in tomorrow.

There is a $5 charge for baseplan changes, though it 'may' get waived at the discretion of the rep or if you mention you are new to the system. I can't make any guarantees you won't get charged, though Koodo has shown some leniency in the past.

https://www.koodomobile.com/contact-us

Landline: 1-866-995-6636 or *611 from your smartphone

Hours of operation (Eastern Standard Time):

Monday − Friday: 9 am - 9 pm

Saturday: 9 am - 7 pm

Sunday: 9 am - 7 pm
Thank you, we were hesitant to call because it said we'd be charged.  Good to know they may waive the fee.  I also thought later that the new plan might kick in after 30 days?  Then it would need the top-up funds.  I did add $10 to the account believing it would cover the additional fee but the account says suspended I believe.  I've already logged out for tonight.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Amy McGonegal wrote:

Thank you, we were hesitant to call because it said we'd be charged.  Good to know they may ...

They will more than likely humor you Amy, I did the very same once! I too called as soon as I found out and they refunded the first amount as credit. There was no charge either 🙂
Amy McGonegal wrote:

Thank you, we were hesitant to call because it said we'd be charged.  Good to know they may ...

Thank you for your input Sophia, I'll get my hubby to call when our power comes back on, lol.