Koodo Community

Community

Question

Changing base plan with auto top-up

I am currently on $55 1GB prepaid base plan (with auto top-up), and just saw Koodo is doing $55 2GB data promotional base plan.

If I want to switch to that 2GB base plan, do I need to do it before the next auto top-up? Or after the top-up, can I still switch to the new plan before the original one kicks in?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Stephen,

You should upgrade your plan near the end of it because you will be charged for it immediately. You might need to manually add the required ammount to your account in order to upgrade it.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Stephen,

You should upgrade your plan near the end of it because you will be charged for it i...

Thanks Mathieu!

My 1GB base plan expires end of this Sunday. So what I should do is to manually top-up first, change the plan, and wait fot the auto top-up kicks in.

As long as I keep my auto top-up (even if it's only $5), I can still get the base plan 10% discount credit, is that correct? (Just don't want to prepaid too much)
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Stephen,

You should upgrade your plan near the end of it because you will be charged for it i...

You will need to top up the 55$, after then I am unsure about the base plan 10% discount credit. It is still offered, so you might just not get it this month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Stephen,

As long as you don't disable auto top up, you will get the 10% discount 🙂

If you want you can even lower the amount for one or two months to "even out", you'll still get the 10% over the entire base plan - not just the top up amount.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Thanks Mathieu and Sophia for the reply! I will change the base plan tomorrow then, getting that 1 extra GB for free is really a good deal.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Actually Mathieu does have a point here (he always does, haha)... I'm not entirely sure if THIS ONCE you'll receive the 10% discount, because you will be going for a new plan. I have never changed base plans so... I might have given you a wrong impression. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll receive the 10% 🙂
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Stephen,

I changed my base plan yesterday and still got that 10% discount. Thank everyone for help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Great! Now we know for sure!