Koodo Community
Question

Changes to auto top-up?

• 26 July 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
I received the following text message from Koodo a few days ago but not sure how to interpret it. Wondering if some of the Masters can shed some light...

"Automatic top-ups just got even easier. As of today, we'll keep track of your auto top-up balance so we'll only charge you for the amount owed versus the fixed plan cost that you originally signed up with. Plus, if you ever change your plan, the top-up amount will adjust automatically"

Does this mean it will automatically use the 10% credit accrued each month in the account balance towards the top-up?

TIA

C.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is some discussion here https://community.koodomobile.com/blackberry-81492/prepaid-text-from-5245-7794935
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes it will use whats in your account balance first
Not thrilled with this change as I just started doing auto topup to get the credit and let it build up to purchase boosters....now that is not going to happen as they use the credit for your next renewal 😡
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not thrilled with this change as I just started doing auto topup to get the credit and let it build up to purchase boosters....now that is not going to happen as they use the credit for your next renewal 😡
You can still buy a booster when you need it.
There is not much difference (for me)
Say, with my $15 baceplan
Old system: I pay $15/mo. I receive $1.50 back on my account. It will take me 7 month to accumulate to buy a $10 booster (after spent $105 with base plan)
New system : I pay $13.5/mo since they will use 10% credit first. 7months later > after $94.50 spent for base plan, I'll buy $10 booster = $104.50 total.
I guess it might be better in the long run