Koodo Community
Solved

Changed from postpaid to prepaid at kiosk. What happens to credit balance on cancelled account?

• 11 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I went to a Koodo kiosk this past Friday and bought a new SIM card for prepaid, and set up the plan and boosters. I was told that doing all this at the kiosk would cancel my old plan (I ported the number) and I’d receive one last bill. The phone was fully paid for, no Tab, no outstanding balances at all. The clerk checked my account at the time and said my balance was zero, so there was no credit or debit to worry about. I’d paid the monthly bill in full about 10 days earlier, and paid for my first prepaid month at the same time as the SIM and boosters. Today (Sunday) I logged into my old (monthly) account, and it says I have a credit balance. Can anyone tell me if this balance will be mailed to me? Applied to my new prepaid account? Can I choose?

Thank you 🙂
icon

Best answer by Mats 11 March 2019, 21:00

Use the link below to request the refund.

https://www.koodomobile.com/refundrequest
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello,

I went to a Koodo kiosk this past Friday and bought a new SIM card for prepaid, and set up the plan and boosters. I was told that doing all this at the kiosk would cancel my old plan (I ported the number) and I’d receive one last bill. The phone was fully paid for, no Tab, no outstanding balances at all. The clerk checked my account at the time and said my balance was zero, so there was no credit or debit to worry about. I’d paid the monthly bill in full about 10 days earlier, and paid for my first prepaid month at the same time as the SIM and boosters. Today (Sunday) I logged into my old (monthly) account, and it says I have a credit balance. Can anyone tell me if this balance will be mailed to me? Applied to my new prepaid account? Can I choose?

Thank you :)

You'll need to contact Koodo and they will issue you a refund of any positive credits on your closed account by mailing you a cheque for said amount.
Ok will do, thank you! (Shouldn’t the clerk have told me that...? I did ask) Hmm.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ideally yes the clerk should have told you. Can't say why not.
Badge +4
Use the link below to request the refund.

https://www.koodomobile.com/refundrequest