Koodo Community
Solved

Change plan now or wait?

• 4 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
We are on the $35 pre-paid plan. I had auto top-up set up and my base plan expires end of: Sep 16, 2019.

I want to switch to the $15 plan.

Should I wait until the 15th or 16th to do it? I tried to do it now and it said my balance didn't cover the change. I have $3.50 sitting there from the top-up discount and it wanted me to pay the remaining $11.50 on my credit card.
Since I prepaid $35 already I shouldn't have to pay more should i?

Any tips?
Thanks!!
icon

Best answer by Sophia 6 September 2019, 18:39

Hi Stephanie, as Dennis said, definitely wait till the 15th to change your plan. Prepaid doesn't offer any proration, so when you change your plan, you pay the full amount of the new plan AND you will lose what is left of your current plan. So wait till the final day before renewal, then select the new plan. Then you should indeed need to top up the remaining $11.50 - and your plan will change plus reset the renewal date to next month.

Hope that makes sense 🙂
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
eh, you mentioned that you got $3.50 in your balance? So if you change now, it should ask for $11.50. It was expected. When you change your plan with prepaid, you will lose your previous baseplan. So there wasn't any $35 after unless you just deposited another amount.
Userlevel 1
eh, you mentioned that you got $3.50 in your balance? So if you change now, it should ask for $11.50. It was expected. When you change your plan with prepaid, you will lose your previous baseplan. So there wasn't any $35 after unless you just deposited another amount.

Not at all expected since I am here asking for help 😉
I thought when I pre-paid the $35 that actually meant I PRE-PAID the $35 until the next due date which is Sept. 16th. If that is not the case then I will just wait . I expect to lose the baseplan but not the funds I have pre-paid towards the remaining days.
I guess I misunderstood how it works.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not at all expected since I am here asking for help 😉

I thought when I pre-paid the $35 that actually meant I PRE-PAID the $35 until the next due date which is Sept. 16th. If that is not the case then I will just wait . I expect to lose the baseplan but not the funds I have pre-paid towards the remaining days.
I guess I misunderstood how it works.

Prepaid plan doesn't refund when you change your plan in mid cycle. Your $35 was already spent. If you would like to maximize the $35, you should wait till the end of the billing cycle. Otherwise, it would ask you for more money to change to the $15.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wait until the 15th and then change your plan
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Stephanie, as Dennis said, definitely wait till the 15th to change your plan. Prepaid doesn't offer any proration, so when you change your plan, you pay the full amount of the new plan AND you will lose what is left of your current plan. So wait till the final day before renewal, then select the new plan. Then you should indeed need to top up the remaining $11.50 - and your plan will change plus reset the renewal date to next month.

Hope that makes sense 🙂