Koodo Community
Question

Change my plan to a prepaid

How can I change my postpaid plan to a prepaid plan.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You need to buy a prepaid SIM card, create an account and port your number across. It's that easy 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You need to buy a prepaid SIM card, create an account and port your number across. It's that easy 😊

It’s all  done on-line so no need to contact by phone or go to a store. You can find prepaid SIMS on eBay.ca (not eBay.com) for under $5 mailed to you.

Older packaging may say something about a $20 credit on your account,  but that was discontinued a while back by Koodo. Your net cost will be what you pay for the SIM.

But the thing is I need the same number I have now for that prepaid plan

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, that’s what we have been saying :) Once you have your prepaid set up, you can port across your postpaid number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, don’t cancel your post paid/monthly plan.   Open a prepaid account first, then transfer/port your postpaid number.

Once you setup your prepaid > Log into self serve > phone service >  change phone number > Transfer from koodo

Ok thanks

Any prepaid SIM card or Koodo prepaid SIM card particularly? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is your question? You can move to any prepaid provider you want, but if you choose Koodo, you need a Koodo prepaid SIM card.

OK. Got it. Right now I am Koodo’s monthly client. Just want to move to Koodo’s prepaid plan. Where could I get Koodo’s prepaid sim card? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can buy them from Amazon or from many retail stores… I believe Amazon is the cheapest (it’s $20 in stores, I think).

Great. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They can also be found on eBay.ca