Koodo Community
Question

cant access lte data in san francisco

• 29 September 2019
  • 4 replies

I’m in San Francisco and can’t get lte data. I have an iPhone 8 and go to my cellular data roaming data setting and select lte and it gives a message’ cannot activate lte calls on this account - contact Koodo’.

I can select 3g data which does work. And I am able to call/send texts.

But my partner with me has the same type of account/us roaming Add on with an iPhone and is able to turn on and receive lte data. I have been to the US earlier this year and had no problem. Our phones have the latest iOS 13 on them, if that matters.

whats the problem?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you trying to activate LTE or LTE calls?
LTE data. Is there another setting for LTE data? That message is from a setting under cellular data options | Voice & Data options.
and my partner was able to select this setting with no message appearing and have LTE appear on the top left corner of their screen indicating they have LTE.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is your wife on post-paid?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LTE data. Is there another setting for LTE data? That message is from a setting under cellular data options | Voice & Data options.
and my partner was able to select this setting with no message appearing and have LTE appear on the top left corner of their screen indicating they have LTE.

Can you try to reset the network settings of your phone? (you might have to reenter wifi, bluetooth password afterward). Go to General >> reset >> Reset network settings.