Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Cancel a prepaid payment.

I use a pre-authorized payment for prepaid services. I was billed on march 10th for the month (march 25th to april 25th) but I will be on vacation during most of that time. I want to cancel the payment for that month, how should I proceed with that ?

17 replies

Badge +4
Hi Khalil, Once payment is received, there's no way to cancel, that I'm aware of. If you knew in advance of your vacation plans, it would have been possible to temporarily suspend pre-authorized payment for the month of March by de-registering the credit or debit card assigned for pre-authorized payment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Hi Khalil, Once payment is received, there's no way to cancel, that I'm aware of. If you knew ...

What I usually do is just lower the auto top up amount so that it won't auto renew, but still keep the credit card on file. Rikkster is indeed correct that they won't refund you, because the money was already used to renew your base plan. At least you know you will have an active plan when you come home 🙂 Wishing you a nice vacation! Reading back, Koodo does not charge prepaid in advance. Are you sure you are not on a monthly plan?
rikkster wrote:

Hi Khalil, Once payment is received, there's no way to cancel, that I'm aware of. If you knew ...

Yes my mistake I am indeed on a monthly plan. I am billed 15 days in advance as mentioned in the terms for preauthorized payments but if the month starts on the 25th, I see no reason why they couldn't just cancel it for that specific month?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

I see! I thought so 🙂 No, you can't cancel your plan for one month if you don't use it. You CAN however pick a seasonal hold plan for one month (cost = $15) but there is one drawback: when you come back, you need to pick a plan that is available currently. If you have a good grandfathered plan this might be inconvenient.
rikkster wrote:

how to change/cancel  my sim card imei
rikkster wrote:

please tell me the prossage
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Do you mean you have a new SIM card? Go to prepaid self service, and then click Phone Services in the menu, then Change Sim Card. There you can enter the new SIM card number.
rikkster wrote:

How do I deregister the credit?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

@ Gordon
Login to self serve > Click "Self serve" Tab(If you have postpaid account) > Billing > Change/Manage  Pre-authorized payments
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can try contacting Koodo and seeing if they will reverse the charges but there is no guarantee that they will.
I made a visa debit payment to a new phone number i selected but acct on someone elses name.How do i cancel my payment?
phone number please

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Norma Stevens wrote:

phone number please

Hi Norma.
If you want to make stop payment. you should contact your bank...?

I'm not sure what you mean by  " payment to a new phone number i selected but acct on someone elses name".
Are you a prepaid customer or postpaid?

If its already made through, you can talk to a rep dialing *611 from your Koodo phone.
Norma Stevens wrote:

phone number please

What's the difference between the 2 options?This is my first time for this and I selected a number that's already active and a Lisa answered
Norma Stevens wrote:

phone number please

Am I to keep trying other numbers?
Norma Stevens wrote:

phone number please

Ok thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Norma Stevens wrote:

phone number please

"What's the difference between the 2 options?"
 - Do you mean "prepaid customer or postpaid"? Then, Prepaid is like pay-as-you-go. Postpaid is You will receive a bill monthly.

Who is Lisa?