Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Canadian credit card seen as international. Can't make payment.

My AMEX credit card is not functioning for any form of payment for my bill. APPARENTLY, it is a INTERNATIONAL CARD(confirmed by representative of Koodo) AMEX rep says that it is definitely Canadian. What now? I only have 1 credit card.

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Koodo has to register your credit card so you can use it to make payment. Did one of the reps advise you of this or did they mention anything about registering your card to make payments? It's just an extra precaution that Koodo takes to prevent fraud.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm guessing it's a Costco Amex card. for some reason these cards consistently come up as international cards. As Rocky said, Koodo will need to register the card to your account before it can be used for payments.
It is a amex/costco card! i will try registering it.
Userlevel 3
jay moore wrote:

Koodo has to register it this cannot be done from a customer level.
Userlevel 7
jay moore wrote:

Pretty sure that's what he meant.
Userlevel 4
This problem persists. I received a new Amex cad number recently, and the Koodo system also regards it as international. It is NOT a Costco card - Costco and Amex have split ways.
Userlevel 7
Daniel AJ wrote:

This problem persists. I received a new Amex cad number recently, and the Koodo system also regar...

You will need to call Koodo at 611 and register the card. As stated above.
Userlevel 4
Daniel AJ wrote:

This problem persists. I received a new Amex cad number recently, and the Koodo system also regar...

I tried that. After some days Koodo told me that my card was refused and that I should call Amex. I called Amex and was told that the problem was on the Amex side, but should be resolved within a few days. (I'm actually carrying a small positive balance on the Amex account.) Since the Amex issue seems to have cleared by now, I called Koodo again.

I was being told by the Koodo agent that Koodo will not register that credit card for me ever since it has been denied once. The agent said that the form is blocked for good, and he suggested I ask Amex for a different card or use Visa/MC instead.

At that point I asked to speak to the second level. That agent contacted Telus Payment Services for me (which took some time on hold), but they say that the problem persists. However, they also said that, later on, I may try a third time, as long as the Koodo agent uses a new case ID. I was glad to hear that there is a way around the blocked form.

Now I called Amex once again and was told that my card should work. I'll do some grocery shopping first to make sure it really works before calling Koodo yet another time.

This is not easy.