Koodo Community
Question

Canada-wide Talk Booster 100 Bonus missing from my account

One of my phone lines is missing the Canada-wide Talk Booster 100 Bonus. I have no ability to make or receive calls for at least a month or two. This phone is used by my in-laws. They went to the Koodo store and were advised to use the forum as they were PrePaid customers. They are elderly and not to good with computers. I thought it was rude of the store not to assist them. They were told to make an extra payment. They now have $54 credit on their account and still no voice minutes. This is ridiculous.

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you already register your credit card or Visa Debit card on your Koodo Prepaid Self Serve account?
That is the necessary step to get the free 100 min talk booster.
I setup 3 PrePaid lines on the same day. two lines still have the 100 minute booster but one is missing it for the last two months.
all 3 have CC auto paymt setup.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alright I'll flag this to a rep for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you use the funds to buy a talk booster? Maybe the 100 bonus minutes were used up already?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The talk minutes are used by making calls and also receiving calls too.
So, maybe they received phone calls from someone and used up?
I have 3 lines.
2 of my lines show the Booster feature on the account.
1 of them does not show the Booster feature on the account.
I work in IT so i know that it is an account issue,
The feature promo has been removed from the account in error.
I need this corrected asap.
Thank You.
Alright I'll flag this to a rep for you.

Appreciate it.
They are older and need it for emergencies.
Line 1 has Booster

Line 3 is missing Booster
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A small slver lining: auto top-ups now only debit what is necessary to keep your account active, rather than a fixed amount chosen ahead of time. Your credit card will not be charged anything until that $54 is used up.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hey @JUNA1D5HAH - When you get a chance could you please send us a private message on Facebook referencing this thread. We definitely want to look into this for you however, we just need to get the account information first 🙂
Hey @JUNA1D5HAH - When you get a chance could you please send us a private message on Facebook referencing this thread. We definitely want to look into this for you however, we just need to get the account information first :)

Hey Chris, I do not use Facebook unfortunately.
Can i send you the information any other way?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @JUNA1D5HAH - When you get a chance could you please send us a private message on Facebook referencing this thread. We definitely want to look into this for you however, we just need to get the account information first :)Hey Chris, I do not use Facebook unfortunately.
Can i send you the information any other way?

Do you have a Twitter account? You can DM to their Twitter account.
Or use the digital assistant to schedule a callback.
can i just put the account number in my reply.
It will be so much easier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
can i just put the account number in my reply.
It will be so much easier.

This is a public forum. I wouldn’t do it unless you know a rep is ready to check your reply right away and ready to edit/delete it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can easily create a dummy twitter account with no personal info
My wife will send the info through Facebook.
So all she needs to do is message the Koodo Mobile account with the Account Number, Mobile Number and a brief description of the issue?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, that's right. Hope you get it sorted!
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
My wife will send the info through Facebook.
So all she needs to do is message the Koodo Mobile account with the Account Number, Mobile Number and a brief description of the issue?

Awesome! Just let me know what her name on Facebook is 🙂
Her name is Sabiha Ahmed Shah.
she received a message telling her to reach out to the PPD Dept at *611 or 1-647-788-3948 as per Sylvia

this is extremely frustrating.
so much run around.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Her name is Sabiha Ahmed Shah.
she received a message telling her to reach out to the PPD Dept at *611 or 1-647-788-3948 as per Sylvia

this is extremely frustrating.
so much run around.

Tell Sylvia that Chris said to contact Koodo via facebook and send them the link to this post
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Thanks for sharing your wifes name @JUNA1D5HAH! I just replied to her Facebook message. Thanks!
Hello Chris, hope all is well.
I am getting very frustrated with the lack of assistance with this very simple request.
My wife is not getting any assistance on FaceBook.
Correct me if I am wrong.
The Canada-wide Talk Booster 100 Bonus is 100 voice minutes every month and whatever minutes are not used up are rolled over the the following month.
I confirmed this with Koodo reps at several locations before signing up.
They assured me 100 voice minutes every month...meaning 100 fresh minutes every month.
Is this not the case now?
Please let me know.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hey @JUNA1D5HAH! There was definitely a misunderstanding somewhere a long the line. I confirm that any unused portion of the 100 Bonus Minute Talk booster would get rolled over to the following month.

With that being said, once the 100 Bonus minutes all get used up, you would need to purchase a new Talk Booster to be able to use any minutes. You do not get a fresh 100 minutes every month.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Hey @JUNA1D5HAH! There was definitely a misunderstanding somewhere a long the line. I confirm that any unused portion of the 100 Bonus Minute Talk booster would get rolled over to the following month.

With that being said, once the 100 Bonus minutes all get used up, you would need to purchase a new Talk Booster to be able to use any minutes. You do not get a fresh 100 minutes every month.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

First of all, appreciate all your help in this matter Chris.
You have really been amazing during this confusing and frustrating sequence of events.

In the end, the plan was misrepresented to me (the customer) by representatives at more than one Koodo Kiosk. I confirmed several times that it is 100 minutes PER MONTH and the representatives said YES. I even grabbed a flyer from the Koodo Kiosk and wrote down notes before leaving.

So, if this is the case and Koodo is washing their hands with the situation, then I will be cancelling all 3 Koodo PrePaid Lines plus my 2 Public Mobile lines and going to a different SP that does not give out incorrect information and mess up communication between parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren.