Koodo Community
Question

Can you view your data booster usage?

• 6 October 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
We switched to a different plan with 250 mb data - it says we have used 29 mb already but not sure when or for what? When I go to usage history I see 2 events both 0MB and nothing showing where or when those 29 mb were used.

With prepaid is there a way to see it? We usually have data turned off so seeing there is usage already is concerning.

In the last 3 months this is all I see

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo doesn't register what your phone uses. Just that data was used. You'll have to look into the data use settings of your phone to see what's been using it. What phone do you have? You can also get a third party data tracker that can probably break it down ever further.
Userlevel 1
Koodo doesn't register what your phone uses. Just that data was used. You'll have to look into the data use settings of your phone to see what's been using it. What phone do you have? You can also get a third party data tracker that can probably break it down ever further.

Thank you!! Wasn't sure if I was missing something or not.
It is a Samsung S7.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
OK so you have a decent data tracker built in. You just also set your billing cycle in settings and you'll be able to see it based on your billing cycle. You might have just had data on during that time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you are now running with data on, it's normal that there is a little "leakage", or use that apparently you didn't plan. Your phone needs to check into the local tower when you are on the move, there are occasional auto checks of email as well. Make sure that apps can only update on wifi to be safer.

Probably one of the reasons prepaid now offers "free" 250 MB is to eliminate needless disputes over leakage. ~120 MB per month would not be unusual if you only use your phone to check email once in a while.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A single web page on mobile is well over 2mb nowadays. 250mb just isn't a lot of data. It's only gonna get worse over time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A single web page on mobile is well over 2mb nowadays. 250mb just isn't a lot of data. It's only gonna get worse over time.
Widespread 5G is eventually going to be a field day for complaints... many folks blowing their monthly allotment accidentally within a few minutes.