Koodo Community
Question

Can't make or receive calls but text still works

• 31 March 2019
  • 3 replies

I just bought my phone (LG X Power 3) and prepaid SIM card a week ago. My phone has been working fine up until 3 days ago. I can't make phone calls out or receive calls, but I can send text messages just fine. I've looked online for help, tried resetting my phone, turned it off and took my sim card out and put back in, turned airplane mode on and off, reset everything, tried different koodoo networks and still nothing ? I don't understand. It says I have 2 bars of service but still can't make calls out..help! So frustrated.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
As a prepaid customer, you might have a limited amount of minutes. Have you checked your self serve and see if you had minutes left in your line?
If you don't have minutes left you might need to buy a talk booster https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans
Badge +4
I just bought my phone (LG X Power 3) and prepaid SIM card a week ago. My phone has been working fine up until 3 days ago. I can't make phone calls out or receive calls, but I can send text messages just fine. I've looked online for help, tried resetting my phone, turned it off and took my sim card out and put back in, turned airplane mode on and off, reset everything, tried different koodoo networks and still nothing ? I don't understand. It says I have 2 bars of service but still can't make calls out..help! So frustrated.
Log in to your prepaid self serve account. On the main page it will show what plan you have and any boosters you have purchased and how much you've used of the boosters.

What plan do you have? Have you purchased any calling boosters? If your plan has minutes or you have minutes left in your boosters, it could be a problem with the phone itself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Since a bonehead move done by Koodo some time ago, if the calls you are trying to make in Canada are destined for or received from the US, you need yet another type of booster, the Long Distance one.

Otherwise, you can try calling Koodo service at 1-866-995-6636 from any phone and choosing prepaid from the menu if that is still offered. You might need a reset at your end since your Canada-wide and roaming US boosters are there.

The standard Facebook or Twitter channels will probably not be able to help you directly.