Koodo Community
Question

can't make make outgoing calls, says calling from blocked country(Canada)

I can’t make any calls from my phone, it keeps saying that cannot connect call because I am calling from a blocked country, what the heck is that?? Since when is Canada a blocked country? I contacted tech service but couldn’t understand him with his accent. Nothing but problems with this Koodoo, I think time to switch to more reliable service. Has anybody else had this problem??? I did all the usual trouble shooting tips but it is not the phone itself it is the Koodoo service to me…...any suggestions on a good service provider??

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Where are you located? Are you near the border by any chance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did this start from the moment you got a plan with Koodo or later on?

Where are you located? Are you near the border by any chance?

I am located in Manitoba, Canada and I am not near the border..

Did this start from the moment you got a plan with Koodo or later on?

Had the plan for awhile and this just started a week ago, I can still text but calls will not go through..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a prepaid  or postpaid customer? If prepaid, Did your plan have enough booster minutes ?

Are you a prepaid  or postpaid customer? If prepaid, Did your plan have enough booster minutes ?

I am prepaid and it says on my account  history 23mb used out of 500mb so I have lots left. I pay for unlimited.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am prepaid and it says on my account  history 23mb used out of 500mb so I have lots left. I pay for unlimited.

Eh, can you double check if your booster was “Data booster” or “Talk Booster”?. What you have mentioned (23Mb/500MB) is about a data booster. You need a “Canada-wide talk booster” to call a Canadian number.

Unlimited Text & Picture messaging, 500 minutes of Province-Wide Calling and 500 MB of Data, that is my Current Base Plan

My Booster Plan Add On is 500MB Data

I just logged into account to double check and that is what I paid for Expires June 27/2020

Eh, can you double check if your booster was “Data booster” or “Talk Booster”?. What you have mentioned (23Mb/500MB) is about a data booster. You need a “Canada-wide talk booster” to call a Canadian number.

Unlimited Text & Picture messaging, 500 minutes of Province-Wide Calling and 500 MB of Data, that is my Current Base Plan

My Booster Plan Add On is 500MB Data

I just logged into account to double check and that is what I paid for Expires June 27/2020

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you calling out of province?

What area code is your phone number?  What province are you located in?

Area code 204 and province of Manitoba

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you calling a number outside of manitoba?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

With the “province-wide calling” you were limited to call numbers with the area codes of 204 and 431. If you need to call numbers with other area code, you need to have a “canada-wide”booster.

Were your outgoing numbers having those are codes (204 or 431) or something else?

With the “province-wide calling” you were limited to call numbers with the area codes of 204 and 431. If you need to call numbers with other area code, you need to have a “canada-wide”booster.

Were your outgoing numbers having those are codes (204 or 431) or something else?

All the calls that I make are within the Province, so that is why i don’t understand what is going on...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think there is an issue your your account that we wont be able to help fix.  Please send Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter.  I rep will need to assist you from there.