Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can i switch pre paid account to a new phone

I already have a pre paid phone, if I buy a new phone can I transfer my pre paid account to the new phone? (including number and account balance)

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Of course you can 🙂 If the new phone takes the same size SIM card, all you need to do is transfer the old SIM to the new phone. Or, if your new phone has a different sized SIM (microSIM or something) you'll need to purchase a SIM card with the correct size, and activate it in your prepaid self service account. I have done it many times and it couldn't be easier 😃
Sophia wrote:

Of course you can 🙂 If the new phone takes the same size SIM card, all you need to do is transfe...

So what if I want to buy the new nexus 4 where you are not able to take the sim card out?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Of course you can 🙂 If the new phone takes the same size SIM card, all you need to do is transfe...

I'm not entirely clear what you mean, but the Nexus 4 will work splendidly 🙂 You'll need to buy a microSIM for it ($20 from Koodo, or search eBay) and then activate it in self service. Then insert it and your Nexus 4 will be good to go 🙂
Sophia wrote:

I mean you cant insert a sim card into a nexus 4, the back of the phone doesn't open up, unfortunately the only sim card for it I the one that comes with it 😕
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

I have great news for you, of COURSE you can remove the back - unless the previous owner glued it on 😃 There are a few people here with a Nexus 4, they'll be able to give you tips how to open it up to insert the SIM card 🙂
Sophia wrote:

just looked it up, the nexus 4 has a sim card insert on the side, thank you for all your help! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Great!! Have fun with one of the best phones available 🙂 And thanks also for the heads-up about the SIM card on the side, I didn't know that - but I did know there would be a way 😃
Userlevel 5
Sophia wrote:

Sophie... "- unless the previous owner glued it on " LOL
Sophia wrote:

How do I do this, I can't find anywhere to remove my lost cell phone and put my new one on? Help me. lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hi Silver, if you lost your cell phone, you'll need to buy a new one (obviously) 🙂 If you get a Koodo prepaid phone, it will come with a prepaid SIM card. All you need to do is activate that SIM in your self service account and all your booster credit etc (assuming the "finder" did not use that up) will still be there.
Userlevel 3
punagai wrote:

If the new phone takes the same size SIM card, all you need to do is transfer the old SIM to the ...

Why is an unlocking service soliciting on a thread about a phone that comes factory unlocked? It is so annoying.