Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can i switch from pre-paid plan (and sim) to a monthly plan?

Is t possible for me to switch from a prepaid plan to monthly plan? i have a prepaid simcard that has not been activated yet, but i changed my mind and want to be on a monthly plan, is that possible?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
If the prepaid SIM has never been activated, I'm pretty sure the place you bought it from will refund it for you (at least my Mobile Shop will). Then you will have to go get a postpaid SIM. I don't fully understand why Koodo is literally the ONLY Canadian carrier to have a separation between prepaid and postpaid SIM cards... it's very inconvenient for both customers and retailers like myself because I don't carry the "special" prepaid SIM cards. They're all the same thing!! Why are they separated?? Ugh. Sorry, got excited there. 🙂
but i took the microsim out of its socket already, will they still be able to refund me?
Userlevel 7
Andy Wang wrote:

but i took the microsim out of its socket already, will they still be able to refund me?

I still would but I can't speak for the place you bought it from. If it's never been active, I just tape the SIM to the plastic holder and stick it back in my drawer where I keep all my SIM cards. Then I just give it the next person. If the next person asks why it looks like that, I just explain the previous customer changed their mind last minute and it is still a usable SIM card.
Can I change my plan from prepaid to a monthly plan,even if I already activated my prepaid SIM card? If so can I keep my same number?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ayeoo myanmar wrote:

Can I change my plan from prepaid to a monthly plan,even if I already activated my prepaid SIM ca...

Yes, certainly ayeoo. After you set up your postpaid account, all you need to do is port your prepaid number 🙂
ayeoo myanmar wrote:

Can I change my plan from prepaid to a monthly plan,even if I already activated my prepaid SIM ca...

I have the same question, how do you do that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ayeoo myanmar wrote:

Easiest way is set up your prepaid account with a temporary number (just pick one that is offered). Then visit https://prepaidselfserve.koodomobile.com/ and port in your postpaid number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ayeoo myanmar wrote:

And if you want to change your plan from prepaid to a monthly plan, you will need pass a credit check and you can set up a monthly plan. Then you can port your prepaid number.