Koodo Community

Can I set up boosters to autotop-up?

• 2 October 2018
  • 6 replies

I'm looking at the Prepaid options and it seems that I can set my basic plan to auto top-up monthly but I don't see anywhere to set up boosters to automatically renew when the usage is used up. For example, I travel to the US a bunch and don't want to have to check back all the time to make sure that my talk, data and text bundles (all separate) are currently still active. Seems odd. I mean I like the website and all but I'd rather set it and forget it.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Prepaid is really meant for low volume users who want a high level of control of their spending. Auto-top ups, and unexpected billing runs counter to this.

If you need the assurance you won't run out of connectivity while travelling to the US, and want to stay with prepaid, just stack up some extra like it was the winter's firewood!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, you can stack as many boosters as you like (I still have several GB's from the double booster campaigs)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could post it in the ideas section, but as others said, it's probably not going to happen... There are just too many choices to top up with so it would probably be a logistic nightmare to set that up!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's a good idea to check your balances/usage once in a while. I usually do it after the 30-day baseplan renewal cycle of texts.

Doesn't hurt to take a screen shot and have an extra booster available as a backup. Comes in handy if there's ever a glitch. If you do run out, your service will shut down... probably at some inconvenient time.
It's a good idea to check your balances/usage once in a while. I usually do it after the 30-day baseplan renewal cycle of texts.

Doesn't hurt to take a screen shot and have an extra booster available as a backup. Comes in handy if there's ever a glitch. If you do run out, your service will shut down... probably at some inconvenient time.

So do I gather from this that I can purchase an extra booster pack on, say, US data, and it will kick in only when the first one runs out? That sounds good to me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, you can stack as many boosters as you like (I still have several GB's from the double booster campaigs)

Buy them when they go on sale. They don't expire as long as your baseplan is renewed within 3 months. Can make for a very messy screen report, but it does work out.