Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I delete a prepaid account?

Can I delete a prepaid account? I need to send my phone in to get it fixed, so my friend gave me his old iphone to use as a replacement while mine is gone. I got a new SIM card for it, set up a different prepaid account since the person working at the koodo kiosk had no clue what to do other than that, and it didn't work... I don't want it to be a total waste of time and money. Anything I can do about it?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As far as I know you cant delete a prepaid account it just becomes inactive / deleted after 90 days of not using that account.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

As far as I know you cant delete a prepaid account it just becomes inactive / deleted after 90 da...

Well unfortunately I don't have 90 days... 😕
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As far as I know you cant delete a prepaid account it just becomes inactive / deleted after 90 da...

Dont get why you want to delete your account in the first place? If you had an account and you broke your phone you can just take the SIM Card out of the broken phone and put it in the one your friend gave you and away you go. If its a different sized SIM Card then you go and purchase the proper size prepaid card from a koodo kiosk and then go online into your self serve and click on change phone and put in the new SIM Card # thats on the SIM Card you just bought and submit the change and then pop the card into the phone and away you go. Keep in mind the phone you got from your friend has to be a koodo purchased phone or be unlocked to work on different carriers than the one it was purchased from. If its not unlocked then your friend will have to get it unlocked from their carrier they purchased the phone from for a fee or use an online service like cellunlocker.net and pay a fee but it isnt cheap as its at least $50 or more.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I agree with Paul.You said you already got a new SIM card for your new phone and set up a different prepaid account. You don't need to delete your old account. It will be automatically de-activated after 90 days of inactive like Paul said.

I did get a new SIM card since the 2 phones do take different sizes, but like I said, the person working at the kiosk didn't know what to do and didn't know anything about prepaid really, so she told me to just make a new account, so I did. I didn't know I could keep the same account, and that's something I actually asked about, but she said I couldn't. The new account didn't work, so unless I get something figured out within a few days, I'm screwed. The phone is originally from bell, but my friend did get it unlocked. Really, I'm just trying to see if there's something I can possibly do to keep this from being a waste of time and money since I don't exactly have much of either to spare.

I don't want to delete the old account, I'm getting my phone fixed. It's the new account that's screwed up that I want to delete
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

O.K. I thought you want to delete your old account. So you said your new account doesn't work. Did you set it up at Kiosk? What your phone said? Unregistered SIM or No network..?

It just says no service, I set it up at a computer in the public library nearby since I was trying to get this all figured out before work. I went back to the kiosk afterwards, said it didn't work, explained all this stuff, and got absolutely no help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you try the battery out for a few minutes and back on? Also make sure3G enabled. Edit : You said you got an iphone, so forget about the battery out. And prepaid phone takes a few hours to become active ( sometimes more),so you can wait a little longer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I found this :How to set up your Apple iPhone http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-3-d.shtml

Thank you so much, it worked like a charm. Oddly enough, my phone (the one that needed to be fixed) apparently fixed itself... I have no clue what happened, but not gonna complain!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm glad to hear that 🙂