Koodo Community
Solved

call forwarding failure

Userlevel 1

I have two questions. I just activated a prepaid plan ($25) with Koodo that has unlimited province -wide minutes and unlimited text. I want to call forward to my work phone so I don’t have to drag 2 phones everywhere.

problem #1 I keep trying to call forward using both the *21* manual dial and from the iPhone phone menu. But neither will work. I get an error message from the *21* and the call forwarding button toggles itself off in the menu. I have just restarted and my phone, updated to the latest software and reset my network settings. Can someone please help?

problem #2 Also, my plan says it includes call forwarding but it will draw from my “anytime minutes” otherwise I will be charged per minute. I want to know if my unlimited province wide minutes are the same as anytime minutes?

Thanks for the help.

icon

Best answer by Staceylake 2 May 2021, 15:38

@MilkyWay @Dinh @BobTheElectrician 

Guess what I solved it! So you actually have to call Koodo and they have to set it up for you manually if you have prepaid! The *21* method doesn’t work for prepaid. So I’m all set now and hopefully this will answer the question for someone else. I requested a call back from the digital assist chat bot and they called me 3 seconds later and resolved my problem right away. Very happy, as I had low expectations.  

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have two questions. I just activated a prepaid plan ($25) with Koodo that has unlimited province -wide minutes and unlimited text. I want to call forward to my work phone so I don’t have to drag 2 phones everywhere.

problem #1 I keep trying to call forward using both the *21* manual dial and from the iPhone phone menu. But neither will work. I get an error message from the *21* and the call forwarding button toggles itself off in the menu. I have just restarted and my phone, updated to the latest software and reset my network settings. Can someone please help?

problem #2 Also, my plan says it includes call forwarding but it will draw from my “anytime minutes” otherwise I will be charged per minute. I want to know if my unlimited province wide minutes are the same as anytime minutes?

Thanks for the help.

I’m not sure if call forwarding is available on a prepaid plan. I know it works for postpaid plans, but I haven’t looked into it for prepaid plans.

For a postpaid plan, you can add call forwarding to a plan for $3/month on your Self-Serve account. Otherwise, the pay-per-use rate is $0.60 per minute. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-forwarding

With regards to your second question, your unlimited province-wide minutes are considered as your anytime minutes, as long as you aren’t forwarding the calls to another province. 

Userlevel 1

Hi- thanks for replying! My plan does have call forwarding included actually. That’s the reason I selected it and switched from Telus.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
  1. Which phone are you using? you could technically setup call forwarding within the phone (without dialing the *21*). Regarding the setup, you would need to enter the number you would like to forward to (Dial *21* 416-123-4567# and press Send). They only allow you to forward to a Canadian number only.
  2. From what I understood and from what they mentioned “ Voicemail and Call Forwarding use airtime. To retrieve Voicemail or use Call Forwarding on your Koodo phone, you must have sufficient anytime minutes in your account. Anytime minutes are charged by the minute and the airtime required to connect your calls is drawn from the included minutes”,  if you forward to a number within province, it should be OK. However, if you forward to another number out of the province, you would need Canada-wide booster minutes for that to work.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Dinh that’s exactly what I have tried. Yes it’s a Canadian number in my same province. I have an iPhone 8 and I have gone through the menu to turn on call forwarding AND tried dialing the *21*XXX-XXX-XXXX#. I get an error message that says ‘failure’ and the call forwarding menu option turns itself off. Super frustrating. I’m trying to avoid calling Koodo if I don’t have to, but that may have to be next.

Thanks so much for the answer about the anytime minutes. That’s what I had hoped

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Call Forwarding has NEVER worked on prepaid. It’s been brought to this board’s attention several times, but they continue to advertise it.

If you get a VoIP plan and use that as your main number, you can have those incoming calls forwarded to one or both of your mobiles as well as no long distance charges anywhere in North America. Check out CallCentric.

Userlevel 1

@MilkyWay @Dinh @BobTheElectrician 

Guess what I solved it! So you actually have to call Koodo and they have to set it up for you manually if you have prepaid! The *21* method doesn’t work for prepaid. So I’m all set now and hopefully this will answer the question for someone else. I requested a call back from the digital assist chat bot and they called me 3 seconds later and resolved my problem right away. Very happy, as I had low expectations.